Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired guard Kevin Olekaibe from the available player pool with a roster hardship exception granted by the NBA G League.
Olekaibe (6'2", 180) has appeared in 96 career NBA G League games over four seasons (2014-18) with the Canton Charge, averaging 6.8 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game. During the 2017-18 season, Olekaibe recorded career-high averages of 9.2 points, 3.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.3 steals in 23.1 minutes per contest. Prior to playing in the NBA G League, the 26-year-old played three collegiate seasons (2010-13) for Fresno State and spent his senior season (2013-14) at UNLV.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 30, 2018
- Offensive Barrage from Skyforce too Much for Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Drop Home Game in Angola to Swarm, 110-104 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Cruises Past Wolves En Route to Third-Straight Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Anthony Roberson - Oklahoma City Blue
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Omari Spellman, Transfer Alex Poythress to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Memphis Hustle for Fifth Straight Win - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Winning Streak Ended by Stockton Kings - Memphis Hustle
- Drive Withstands Herd Momentum - Wisconsin Herd
- Vipers Strike from Outside in Texas - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Strike from Outside in Texas - Texas Legends
- Oklahoma City Drops Charge - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Theo Pinson and Alan Williams Selected to Midseason All-NBA G League East Team
- Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13
- Long Island Drops Matinee to Fort Wayne in Brooklyn
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe