Long Ball Downs Snappers 8-2
EASTLAKE, OH - In the first and only cross-division series for the Beloit Snappers (53- 62) this season, the Lake County Captains (62-53) used a pair of home runs in the sixth inning to beat Beloit 8-2 on Tuesday night.
The Snappers were the first on the board. Connor Scott drove in Ohio native J.D. Orr in the top of the first inning. The Captains had the answer. Lake County plated the tying run in the bottom of the first and took a three-run lead with a trio of runs in the bottom of the second.
Beloit narrowed the gap in the top of the sixth inning. Jan Mercado hit his second High- A homer, making it a 4-2 game. Up by two, the Captains put the Snappers away with back-to-back home runs in the bottom of the sixth. Micah Pries belted a three-run homer to center field and, one pitch later, Mike Amditis launched a homer to the scoreboard in right-center field. Lake County held onto their 8-2 lead to win game one of the series.
Beloit's Top Performers: Josh Simpson took the loss for Beloit but logged his longest professional outing with five innings and struck out a career high nine batters. Troy Johnston went 4-for-4 with four singles. Mercado hit an opposite field homer.
The Snappers square off in Eastlake again versus the Lake County Captains on Wednesday for an 11:00 a.m. first pitch.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 14, 2021
- QC Walks It off on South Bend, Again - South Bend Cubs
- Peoria Chiefs Announce 2022 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- 31 HRs for Pages, Loons Fall Short to Wisconsin - Great Lakes Loons
- Wiemer's Late Homer Puts Wisconsin Ahead to Stay at Great Lakes - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Walker, Lunn Power Chiefs to Victory in Opener - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Offense Shut Down in Series Opener in Peoria - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hassell Triples, Ornelas Keeps Hitting, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- 'Caps and 'Nuts Postponed - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Siani, Cerda Belt Home Runs as Dragons Notch Runaway Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Long Ball Downs Snappers 8-2 - Beloit Snappers
- Coulter's Career Start Brings Series Opening Win to Lake County - Lake County Captains
- Lugnuts and Whitecaps Rained Out, to Play Two Wednesday - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Transaction & Game Information: September 14 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Toyota Road Report: 9/12-9/19 - South Bend Cubs
- Dayton Dragons Announce 2022 Schedule - Dayton Dragons
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Anthem Game Changers Honoree for Dragons September 15 Game - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2022 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.