'Caps and 'Nuts Postponed
LANSING, MI - The West Michigan Whitecaps ballgame scheduled for Tuesday against the Lansing Lugnuts has been postponed due to inclement weather at Jackson Field.
A severe thunderstorm just before the first pitch proved too much to play the originally scheduled ballgame, leading to the contest being called. Tuesday's postponement becomes the ninth gameday to see a rainout for West Michigan and the first since another Tuesday evening matchup was washed out on August 24 at Jackson Field against the Lugnuts.
Tuesday's game is scheduled to be made up in a Wednesday doubleheader beginning at 5:30 pm. Both games will last seven innings in duration, with a 30-minute break in-between contests. Wednesday will become the ninth doubleheader for West Michigan this season, with the 'Caps having posted a 9-6 record in those circumstances.
The Whitecaps begin this six-game series against the Lansing Lugnuts with a doubleheader from Jackson Field on Wednesday at 5:30 pm. Lefty Jack O'Loughlin gets the start for West Michigan in the first game against the Lugnuts Reid Birlingmair. Broadcast coverage with Dan Hasty starts on the Whitecaps Baseball Network at 5:15 pm. Get all the latest Whitecaps news online at www.whitecapsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 14, 2021
- QC Walks It off on South Bend, Again - South Bend Cubs
- Peoria Chiefs Announce 2022 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- 31 HRs for Pages, Loons Fall Short to Wisconsin - Great Lakes Loons
- Wiemer's Late Homer Puts Wisconsin Ahead to Stay at Great Lakes - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Walker, Lunn Power Chiefs to Victory in Opener - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Offense Shut Down in Series Opener in Peoria - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hassell Triples, Ornelas Keeps Hitting, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- 'Caps and 'Nuts Postponed - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Siani, Cerda Belt Home Runs as Dragons Notch Runaway Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Long Ball Downs Snappers 8-2 - Beloit Snappers
- Coulter's Career Start Brings Series Opening Win to Lake County - Lake County Captains
- Lugnuts and Whitecaps Rained Out, to Play Two Wednesday - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Transaction & Game Information: September 14 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Toyota Road Report: 9/12-9/19 - South Bend Cubs
- Dayton Dragons Announce 2022 Schedule - Dayton Dragons
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Anthem Game Changers Honoree for Dragons September 15 Game - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2022 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.