Lightning Recall Taormina from Syracuse
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled defenseman Matt Taormina from the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced today.
Taormina, 27, has skated in 13 games this season with the Crunch, posting two goals and 10 points to go along with eight penalty minutes. The Warren, Michigan native ranks first on the Crunch defense for points and ranks tied for first for goals and assists. He's played in 187 career AHL games with the Binghamton Senators, Lowell Devils, Albany Devils and Crunch, collecting 24 goals and 105 points, including a career-high 10 goals and 50 points in 2009-10.
The 5-foot-10, 182-pound defenseman has appeared in 49 career NHL games, with the New Jersey Devils and Lightning, recording four goals and 12 points with a plus-three rating. He made his Lightning debut on April 6 last season against the New York Islanders.
Taormina was undrafted and signed as a free agent by the Lightning on July 6, 2012.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2013
- Heeter Terrific Again But Phantoms Fall Short - Adirondack Phantoms
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 5-4 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- McNabb, Porter Pace Amerks in 6-1 Rout of Comets - Rochester Americans
- Comets Run into Roadblock at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Reiter Lifts Sound Tigers to 1-0 Shutout Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Soar Past Falcons - Albany Devils
- Falcons Point Streak Halted in Loss at Albany - Springfield Falcons
- Lightning Recall Taormina from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Pirates Announce Youth Hockey Clinic Dates - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Announce this Weekend's Promotional Nights - Binghamton Senators
- Gameday: Comets at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Grant Fuhr to Appear on Friday, December 27th - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackhawks Announce Roster Moves - Rockford IceHogs
- Ice Caps and Purolator Reunite to Shut out Hunger - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals, Brewers Present Two-Man Advantage - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Recall Gudlevskis from Florida Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- McKenna Recalled by Columbus; Chaput, Cleente Returned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - December Homestand - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.