Grant Fuhr to Appear on Friday, December 27th
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat announced today that Hockey Hall of Famer Grant Fuhr will be appearing at the Friday December 27th Abbotsford Heat game against the Oklahoma City Barons (AHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers). As part of the Abbotsford Heat Legends of Hockey series, Fuhr will be available for autographs on the concourse of the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC) on a first come, first served basis. For fans who lead a group sale of 30 or more tickets for this game will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive meet and greet with Fuhr during an intermission.
Grant Fuhr is an NHL Hall of Famer, a five time Stanley Cup winner, and winner of the NHL's Vezina Trophy (1988) and William M. Jennings Trophy (1994). In an NHL career spanning 21 seasons (1981-2000), Fuhr played in 868 NHL games for the Oilers, Maple Leafs, Sabres, Kings, Blues and Flames. He was a six time NHL all-star, first team (1987-88) and second team (1981-82) NHL All-Star, two-time Canada Cup Champion. Fuhr also holds or shares seven NHL records, and has the ninth most wins and the third most playoff wins in NHL history. Grant Fuhr was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2003.
In addition to calling 1-877-452-HEAT (4328) or visiting Abbotsfordheat.com, fans can purchase Abbotsford Heat single game tickets at abbotsfordheat.com, the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre box office, the Matsqui Recreation Centre, the Abbotsford Recreation Centre, and Whatcom Wine and Spirits.
This weekend the Heat will host the San Antonio Rampage (AHL affiliate of the Florida Panthers) on Friday, December 6th and Saturday, December 7th. Friday will feature the annual Teddy Bear Toss, benefitting the Abbotsford Christmas Bureau. Fans looking to attend the December 6th Teddy Bear Toss should go to http://www.abbotsfordcentre.ca/promo and enter the promo code FOOD. A portion of the proceeds from all tickets purchased using this promo code will be donated to the Abbotsford Christmas Bureau. Please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328) or go to abbotsfordheat.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2013
- Heeter Terrific Again But Phantoms Fall Short - Adirondack Phantoms
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 5-4 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- McNabb, Porter Pace Amerks in 6-1 Rout of Comets - Rochester Americans
- Comets Run into Roadblock at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Reiter Lifts Sound Tigers to 1-0 Shutout Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Soar Past Falcons - Albany Devils
- Falcons Point Streak Halted in Loss at Albany - Springfield Falcons
- Lightning Recall Taormina from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Pirates Announce Youth Hockey Clinic Dates - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Announce this Weekend's Promotional Nights - Binghamton Senators
- Gameday: Comets at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Grant Fuhr to Appear on Friday, December 27th - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackhawks Announce Roster Moves - Rockford IceHogs
- Ice Caps and Purolator Reunite to Shut out Hunger - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals, Brewers Present Two-Man Advantage - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Recall Gudlevskis from Florida Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- McKenna Recalled by Columbus; Chaput, Cleente Returned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - December Homestand - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.