Blackhawks Announce Roster Moves
Chicago, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have recalled forwards Jeremy Morin and Joakim Nordstrom (JOH-keem NORD-struhm) from the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League, and reassigned forward Brandon Pirri to Rockford. Additionally, defenseman Michael Kostka will report to the IceHogs on a conditioning assignment.
Morin, 22, has recorded three assists in nine games this season with the Blackhawks and 12 points (6g, 6a) in 13 games with Rockford. The Auburn, N.Y., native ranks sixth on the IceHogs in points, despite playing in only 13 contests due to his two previous recalls by the Blackhawks. Morin is tied for second on the team in goals and has recorded a season-best two points on four occasions.
Nordstrom, 21, began the season with the Blackhawks, scoring one goal in eight NHL appearances. He scored his first-career goal in his fourth NHL game on Oct. 11 vs. the New York Islanders. The Stockholm, Sweden, native was assigned to Rockford on Oct. 20 and has recorded six points (5g, 1a) in 15 contests with the IceHogs this season. He is currently tied for fifth on the team in goals and scored a season-high two goals on Nov. 23 at Charlotte.
Pirri, 22, has registered 11 points (6g, 5a) in 24 games with the Blackhawks this season. He recorded a season-high two points twice and posted a season-best four-game point streak (3g, 2a) from Nov. 10 to Nov. 17. The Toronto, Ontario, native has also recorded three assists in three games this season with Rockford.
Kostka, 28, has scored one goal in two appearances with Chicago this year. The Etobicoke, Ontario, native made his Blackhawks debut on Oct. 5 vs. Tampa Bay and scored his first-career NHL goal on Oct. 19 vs. Toronto. Kostka was placed on Injured Reserve on Oct. 25 and will be eligible to stay in Rockford for up to six days or three games under the terms of his conditioning assignment.
Next Home Game: Friday, Dec. 13 vs. Oklahoma City Barons at 7 p.m. The first 2,500 fans through the gates will get a BMO Harris Bank Hubert Doll.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2013
- Heeter Terrific Again But Phantoms Fall Short - Adirondack Phantoms
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 5-4 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- McNabb, Porter Pace Amerks in 6-1 Rout of Comets - Rochester Americans
- Comets Run into Roadblock at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Reiter Lifts Sound Tigers to 1-0 Shutout Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Soar Past Falcons - Albany Devils
- Falcons Point Streak Halted in Loss at Albany - Springfield Falcons
- Lightning Recall Taormina from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Pirates Announce Youth Hockey Clinic Dates - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Announce this Weekend's Promotional Nights - Binghamton Senators
- Gameday: Comets at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Grant Fuhr to Appear on Friday, December 27th - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackhawks Announce Roster Moves - Rockford IceHogs
- Ice Caps and Purolator Reunite to Shut out Hunger - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals, Brewers Present Two-Man Advantage - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Recall Gudlevskis from Florida Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- McKenna Recalled by Columbus; Chaput, Cleente Returned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - December Homestand - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E