McKenna Recalled by Columbus; Chaput, Cleente Returned to Falcons
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons announced Wednesday morning that goaltender Mike McKenna was recalled by the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team's NHL affiliate. In conjunction, forward Michael Chaput was returned on loan to Springfield, and goaltender Mike Clemente was recalled from his loan to the Evansville IceMen of the ECHL.
McKenna (6-2-0) was named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for November earlier this week and leads the AHL in goals-against average (1.45) and save percentage (.943). The St. Louis, Missouri native recorded back-to-back shutouts November 23 versus Hartford and November 30 versus Portland. McKenna has made 17 appearances at the NHL level, winning four games and posting a 3.49 goals-against average.
Chaput returns to Springfield after playing 17 games with the Blue Jackets since his recall October 26. The Montreal, Quebec native recording one assist, six shots and two penalty minutes with Columbus. Chaput has notched four points (two goals, two assists) in six games with the Falcons this season.
Clemente joins the Falcons for the first time since the preseason, having posted a 9-2-2 record with a 2.59 goals-against average and .903 save percentage with Evansville in the ECHL so far this season. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound netminder made six appearances with the Falcons during the 2011-12 season, going 2-1-0 with a 1.99 goals-against average and .930 save percentage.
The Falcons are back in action Wednesday, December 4 when they visit the Albany Devils for a Northeast Division matchup. The team returns to the MassMutual Center Saturday, December 7 to host the Hartford Wolf Pack at 8:00 p.m.
Fans are invited to the MassMutual Center in 2013-14 to watch the reigning Northeast Division-champion Falcons compete in their 20th anniversary season. Adult season-ticket packages start as low as $13 per game. To reserve your seats for the 2013-14 season, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit the team office inside the MassMutual Center from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Support the Falcons throughout the 2013-14 season by wearing red, white and blue at all the home games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2013
- Heeter Terrific Again But Phantoms Fall Short - Adirondack Phantoms
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 5-4 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- McNabb, Porter Pace Amerks in 6-1 Rout of Comets - Rochester Americans
- Comets Run into Roadblock at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Reiter Lifts Sound Tigers to 1-0 Shutout Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Soar Past Falcons - Albany Devils
- Falcons Point Streak Halted in Loss at Albany - Springfield Falcons
- Lightning Recall Taormina from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Pirates Announce Youth Hockey Clinic Dates - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Announce this Weekend's Promotional Nights - Binghamton Senators
- Gameday: Comets at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Grant Fuhr to Appear on Friday, December 27th - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackhawks Announce Roster Moves - Rockford IceHogs
- Ice Caps and Purolator Reunite to Shut out Hunger - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals, Brewers Present Two-Man Advantage - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Recall Gudlevskis from Florida Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- McKenna Recalled by Columbus; Chaput, Cleente Returned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - December Homestand - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.