Ice Caps and Purolator Reunite to Shut out Hunger
The St. John's IceCaps are once again partnering with Purolator for the Purolator Shut Out Hunger Food Drive this Saturday (December 7th) to support the Community Food Sharing Association.
The event will take place from 6:30-7:30 p.m., prior to the IceCaps game versus the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. IceCaps fans are encouraged to participate by bringing non-perishable food items to the Purolator volunteers stationed at the Mile One Centre entrances. In return, fans will be entered into a draw for a replica IceCaps jersey.
Additionally, each time an IceCaps player scores a goal, Purolator will donate 100 pounds of food towards the Purolator Shuts Out Hunger food drive.
"The St. John's IceCaps are proud to continue our partnership with Purolator to help feed those in need in our community," said IceCaps President and Chief Executive Officer, Danny Williams. "I know our fans will once again give generously."
"Purolator is thrilled to be partnering with the IceCaps for the second year in a row to help support the Community Food Sharing Association," said Stephen Noseworthy, Purolator's District Manager, Newfoundland and Labrador. "This food drive is an event that our employees really look forward to, as it's a great grassroots effort to help the communities in which they live, work and play."
The IceCaps and Purolator teamed for their first two food drives last season and raised 21,000 pounds of food.
The Community Food Sharing Association and its 56 member agencies provided support to nearly 30,000 clients in need of food. All proceeds from the food drive will support the Community Food Sharing Association, which is fighting to end hunger by providing food and resources to those in need in throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2013
- Heeter Terrific Again But Phantoms Fall Short - Adirondack Phantoms
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 5-4 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- McNabb, Porter Pace Amerks in 6-1 Rout of Comets - Rochester Americans
- Comets Run into Roadblock at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Reiter Lifts Sound Tigers to 1-0 Shutout Victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Soar Past Falcons - Albany Devils
- Falcons Point Streak Halted in Loss at Albany - Springfield Falcons
- Lightning Recall Taormina from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Pirates Announce Youth Hockey Clinic Dates - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Announce this Weekend's Promotional Nights - Binghamton Senators
- Gameday: Comets at Rochester - Utica Comets
- Grant Fuhr to Appear on Friday, December 27th - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackhawks Announce Roster Moves - Rockford IceHogs
- Ice Caps and Purolator Reunite to Shut out Hunger - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals, Brewers Present Two-Man Advantage - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Recall Gudlevskis from Florida Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- McKenna Recalled by Columbus; Chaput, Cleente Returned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - December Homestand - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.