Letter to Fans Ahead of May 23 Match vs. Austin FC
Dear Nashville SC fans:
Nobody could have imagined that when Judah and The Lion performed our anthem "Never Give Up On You" on February 29, 2020, how prophetic those words would become for all of us.
It has been said on many occasions that being a sports fan can be a rollercoaster of ups and downs, wins and losses (and ties!). Never had that been truer than the last year for Nashville SC and our great city. Making history on opening day, tornadoes right after, first road game at the Portland Timbers, a pandemic lockdown right after, return to play in the MLS Is Back Tournament in Orlando, COVID-19 outbreak on arrival... But through all of that, all of us and all of you never gave up on Nashville SC.
We put together an epic run into the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs making history again and made our team, our fans and our city proud, but sadly unable to have all our fans in attendance.
More challenges for our city with the Christmas Day bombings downtown, but as always Nashville once again rose above and came together.
The 2021 year is a new dawn, vaccinations are helping bring people back to normality one step at a time and for outdoor sports in Nashville, that means the opportunity to return to sports without social distancing and optional face coverings. We have sold more season tickets in 2021 than our inaugural season and our new stadium is now literally on the horizon for 2022. So we are expecting a big crowd.
It's time to recreate that epic atmosphere, Nashville, the experience we all had on February 29 last year, and restart the engine on the soccer bus!Â
What a way to restart, unbeaten in our first five games, matching up against this year's exciting new expansion team Austin FC and all of the fun and excitement you would expect from such an epic return to big crowds.
Thanks for sticking with us when the going got tough!
The sun is shining, so grab your scarves, because soccer is back! May 23rd, 8 p.m. CT at Nissan Stadium.
Never Give Up On You,
Nashville SC vs Austin FC
Tickets are available now for Nashville SC's tilt with the newest team in the league. Don't miss this music city showdown on Sunday, May 23.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 17, 2021
- Joint Statement from the Columbus Crew and Its Supporters Group, the Nordecke - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 17, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update - FC Cincinnati
- Letter to Fans Ahead of May 23 Match vs. Austin FC - Nashville SC
- Gonzalo Higuaín Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 5 - Inter Miami CF
- EstrellaTV KMPX-29 Updates FC Dallas Spanish-Language Broadcast Schedule - FC Dallas
- Timbers Award $50,000 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- Inter Miami CF Forward Gonzalo Higuaín Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 5 - MLS
- Ticket Sales Timeline Announced for USA-Costa Rica, Presented by Allstate, on June 9 in Sandy, Utah - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- With 2 Assists vs. Houston, Michael Barrios Earns Spot in MLS Team of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Gonzalo Higuaín Named to MLS Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Acosta, Evans Earn USL League One Week 6 Honors - Inter Miami CF
- Exploria Stadium to Open to Full Capacity Starting with Club's June Matches - Orlando City SC
- Local Sports Stars, Including Robert Berić, "Join the TeamÃ¢ÂÂ to Encourage Vaccination - Chicago Fire FC
- Everyone Back N for Nashville SC vs. Austin FC at Nissan Stadium on May 23 - Nashville SC
- With Third Win in a Week, Sounders FC Matches Club Record for Best Start to a Season Following 2-0 Triumph over LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Falls 2-0 to Sounders FC in Seattle - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Lose 1-0 to Orlando City SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Travels North to Take on Toronto FCÃÂ ÃÂ
- Nashville Soccer Club Trades Dominique Badji to the Colorado Rapids
- 'Perfect Little Trio' Sapong, Mukhtar and Leal Lead Nashville SC Attack in JulyÃÂ
- Nashville Soccer Club Moves to Second Place in the Eastern Conference with Victory over Rival FC Cincinnati
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Rival FC Cincinnati at Nissan Stadium this Saturday