FC Cincinnati Weekly Update
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati prepares for a road contest, as the club is set to face CF Montreal at DRV PNK Stadium at 1 p.m., on Saturday May 22.
FCC (0-3-1, 1 pt.) came up short, 2-3, against Inter Miami CF (2-2-2, 8 pts.) in the club's home opener. Brek Shea opened up the scoresheet for Inter Miami in the seventh minute. Gonzalo Higuain doubled Miami's lead in the 38th minute. Alvaro Barreal scored FCC's first-ever goal inside TQL Stadium when he chipped the goalkeeper in the 59th minute. In the 82nd minute, the Orange and Blue had found the equalizer after Nick Hagglund connected off Luciano Acosta's corner kick, however, Inter Miami scored the eventual game-winner a couple of minutes after.
CF Montreal (2-2-2, 8 pts.) comes off a last-minute loss, 1-0, at Atlanta United FC (2-1-2, 8 pts.). In the final minutes of action, Marcelino Moreno headed in a cross from Jake Mulraney to give the home team the win.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 17, 2021
- Joint Statement from the Columbus Crew and Its Supporters Group, the Nordecke - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 17, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update - FC Cincinnati
- Letter to Fans Ahead of May 23 Match vs. Austin FC - Nashville SC
- Gonzalo Higuaín Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 5 - Inter Miami CF
- EstrellaTV KMPX-29 Updates FC Dallas Spanish-Language Broadcast Schedule - FC Dallas
- Timbers Award $50,000 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- Inter Miami CF Forward Gonzalo Higuaín Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 5 - MLS
- Ticket Sales Timeline Announced for USA-Costa Rica, Presented by Allstate, on June 9 in Sandy, Utah - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- With 2 Assists vs. Houston, Michael Barrios Earns Spot in MLS Team of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Gonzalo Higuaín Named to MLS Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Acosta, Evans Earn USL League One Week 6 Honors - Inter Miami CF
- Exploria Stadium to Open to Full Capacity Starting with Club's June Matches - Orlando City SC
- Local Sports Stars, Including Robert Berić, "Join the TeamÃ¢ÂÂ to Encourage Vaccination - Chicago Fire FC
- Everyone Back N for Nashville SC vs. Austin FC at Nissan Stadium on May 23 - Nashville SC
- With Third Win in a Week, Sounders FC Matches Club Record for Best Start to a Season Following 2-0 Triumph over LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Falls 2-0 to Sounders FC in Seattle - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Lose 1-0 to Orlando City SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.