Leslie Comes to Chicago
GLENVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Wolves announced Monday that defenseman Zachary Leslie has been assigned to the club by the Vegas Golden Knights, who acquired the 24-year-old in a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.
Leslie joins the Wolves from the Ontario Reign where he played 121 games - spanning three seasons (2015-18) - and collected six goals and 27 assists for 33 points. He also logged 52 penalty minutes and a -17 plus/minus rating.
The Ontario native also appeared in eight Calder Cup Playoff games for the Reign, which included five in 2017. He owns one assist, a +1 plus/minus rating and eight penalty minutes in postseason play.
In the 2015-16 campaign, Leslie skated in five games with the ECHL's Manchester Monarchs and scored his first professional goal on Feb. 20, 2016, against the Reading Royals.
Prior to turning pro, Leslie spent four seasons with the Guelph Storm in the Ontario Hockey League. He appeared in 250 games for Guelph and registered 155 points (39G, 116A) and logged 208 penalty minutes.
In three of his four seasons, Leslie skated in the OHL Playoffs. Through 30 games, he collected one goal and 10 assists for 11 points. In 2014, the Storm won the OHL league championship to advance to the Memorial Cup where they lost to the Edmonton Oil Kings in the championship finale.
The 6-foot, 175-pound blueliner was selected by the Kings in the sixth round, 178th overall, of the 2013 NHL Draft.
Leslie will be available when the Wolves travel to Des Moines on Friday, Feb. 9, for a Central Division showdown with the Iowa Wild. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena and the game will be televised on The U Too. For complete game and broadcast schedules, visit ChicagoWolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Wolves Roundup - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Leslie Comes to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Kings Trade Defenseman Zac Leslie to Vegas - Ontario Reign
- Week 18 Report: Hogs Stretch Home Streak to 5 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Recall Lemieux & Petan from the Moose; - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Recall McCarron and Tansey from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- G Alex Lyon Returned to Lehigh Valley, G John Muse Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Muse (38 Saves) Backstops Phantoms 3-2 Triumph at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Marek Hrivik, Reassign Andrew Mangiapane to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto's Andreas Johnsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Eight Former Griffins to Participate in 2018 Winter Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- PROVIDENCE BRUINS 2, HARTFORD WOLF PACK 1 (OT) - Hartford Wolf Pack
- PEDAN PROPELS PENGUINS PAST BEARS, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- RECAP: THUNDERBIRDS 1, SOUND TIGERS 0 - Bridgeport Islanders
- P-BRUINS PREVAIL 2-1 IN OVERTIME BEHIND CZARNIK'S TWO GOALS - Providence Bruins
- MONSTERS FIGHT TO THE FINISH IN 4-2 LOSS TO GRIFFINS - Cleveland Monsters
- BACHMAN'S BIG NIGHT CARRIES COMETS TO WIN OVER CRUNCH - Utica Comets
- LATE GOAL DEFEATS CHECKERS IN LEHIGH VALLEY - Charlotte Checkers
- CRUNCH FALL TO COMETS, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs Return from Break for Clash with Moose - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Hill from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Reading Takes Flight Visits - Manitoba Moose
- F Tyrell Goulbourne Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Comets Sign Goaltender Mitch Gillam to PTO - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Nardella Selected for National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame
- Wolves Drop Season Opener to Rockford
- Chicago Wolves Announce Opening Night Roster
- Wolves Return to Allstate Arena with Full 2021-22 Promotional Schedule
- Wolves Insider: Hosting the Opener Saturday