Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned left wing Mike Liambas to the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, the Gulls have assigned left wing Alex Dostie to the Utah Grizzlies, San Diego's primary affiliate in the ECHL.
Liambas, 28 (2/16/89), collected one assist (0-11) with 21 penalty minutes (PIM) in seven games with the Ducks this season. Recalled from San Diego on Nov. 19, Liambas made his Anaheim debut that night vs. Florida and earned his first career NHL point on Nov. 24 vs. Winnipeg.
Signed as a free agent on July 1, 2017, Liambas recorded 2-35 points with 50 PIM in 13 games earlier this season with San Diego. In 270 career AHL games with San Diego, Milwaukee and Rockford, the 5-10, 196-pound forward owns 15-2035 points with 886 PIM.
Dostie, 20 (4/13/97), recorded 2-68 points with four penalty minutes (PIM) in 29 games with San Diego this season. The 5-10, 175-pound native of Drummondville, Quebec scored his first professional goal in his regular season AHL debut on Oct. 14 vs. Texas.
Selected by Anaheim in the fourth round (115th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft, Dostie collected 86-137223 points with a +55 rating and 58 PIM in 233 career Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) games with Gatineau and Charlottetown. He has also appeared in 34 career QMJHL Playoff games, earning 14-1428 points with 23 PIM. Following the 2016-17 QMJHL Playoffs, Dostie made his professional debut with San Diego in Game 4 of the second round of the Calder Cup Playoffs on May 12 vs. San Jose.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Wolves Roundup - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Leslie Comes to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Kings Trade Defenseman Zac Leslie to Vegas - Ontario Reign
- Week 18 Report: Hogs Stretch Home Streak to 5 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Recall Lemieux & Petan from the Moose; - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Recall McCarron and Tansey from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- G Alex Lyon Returned to Lehigh Valley, G John Muse Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Muse (38 Saves) Backstops Phantoms 3-2 Triumph at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Marek Hrivik, Reassign Andrew Mangiapane to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto's Andreas Johnsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Eight Former Griffins to Participate in 2018 Winter Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- PROVIDENCE BRUINS 2, HARTFORD WOLF PACK 1 (OT) - Hartford Wolf Pack
- PEDAN PROPELS PENGUINS PAST BEARS, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- RECAP: THUNDERBIRDS 1, SOUND TIGERS 0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-BRUINS PREVAIL 2-1 IN OVERTIME BEHIND CZARNIK'S TWO GOALS - Providence Bruins
- MONSTERS FIGHT TO THE FINISH IN 4-2 LOSS TO GRIFFINS - Cleveland Monsters
- BACHMAN'S BIG NIGHT CARRIES COMETS TO WIN OVER CRUNCH - Utica Comets
- LATE GOAL DEFEATS CHECKERS IN LEHIGH VALLEY - Charlotte Checkers
- CRUNCH FALL TO COMETS, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs Return from Break for Clash with Moose - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Hill from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Reading Takes Flight Visits - Manitoba Moose
- F Tyrell Goulbourne Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Comets Sign Goaltender Mitch Gillam to PTO - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- Gulls to Host Halloween Trick Or Treat Drive-Thru at THE RINKS - Poway Ice October 31
- Irvine Ice Foundation Adds San Diego Jr. Gulls and Lady Gulls Hockey Programs
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Maxim Golod to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Anaheim Ducks Sign De Leo, Welinski, Poturalski and Lettieri to One-Year Contracts
- Anaheim Ducks Select Six Players During Second Day of 2020 NHL Draft