Hogs Return from Break for Clash with Moose
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs return from the All-Star break seeking redemption against the first-place Manitoba Moose on Friday night at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Matchup: The IceHogs (24-17-2-3, 4th Central) host Manitoba for the first time since dropping the series-opener 8-1 on Nov. 28. Rockford enters tonight's game with points in nine of the last 11 contests and a record of 6-2-1-2 over that span.
Forward William Pelletier notched an assist in the final game before the All-Star break and has now tallied nine points (4g, 5a) over his last 10 contests. Pelletier has found the scoresheet in seven of those 10 games, including netting his first professional hat trick in the IceHogs' win at Ontario on Jan. 10.
Defenseman Adam Clendening has also contributed offensively for the IceHogs as of late, leading the team with eight points (1g, 7a) in eight tilts since making his team debut. The blueliner enters Friday tied for second all-time in points among IceHogs defenseman with 23g-103a-126pts in 193 career appearances with Rockford.
Manitoba (29-10-3-2, 1st Central) returns to Rockford boasting the second-best road record in the AHL at 17-4-1-0. The Moose feature three of the AHL's top scorers in Mason Appleton (42 points), Nic Petan (39 points) and Buddy Robinson (36 points). Appleton is fifth in league in overall scoring and enters tonight's contest riding a four-game point streak over which he has amassed 4g-3a-7pts.
In net, Eric Comrie has posted a 2.61 GAA and .916 save percentage in 21 appearances for Manitoba this season.
Next Home Game: Wednesday, Feb. 7 | Rockford vs San Antonio Rampage (7 p.m.)
The IceHogs events, dates, times and prices are subject to change without notice. Discounts not applicable to prior sales, subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other offer. Use of the IceHogs name, logo or any other images is prohibited without written permission from the Rockford IceHogs Professional Hockey Club.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Wolves Roundup - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Leslie Comes to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Kings Trade Defenseman Zac Leslie to Vegas - Ontario Reign
- Week 18 Report: Hogs Stretch Home Streak to 5 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Recall Lemieux & Petan from the Moose; - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Recall McCarron and Tansey from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- G Alex Lyon Returned to Lehigh Valley, G John Muse Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Muse (38 Saves) Backstops Phantoms 3-2 Triumph at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Marek Hrivik, Reassign Andrew Mangiapane to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto's Andreas Johnsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Eight Former Griffins to Participate in 2018 Winter Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- PROVIDENCE BRUINS 2, HARTFORD WOLF PACK 1 (OT) - Hartford Wolf Pack
- PEDAN PROPELS PENGUINS PAST BEARS, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- RECAP: THUNDERBIRDS 1, SOUND TIGERS 0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-BRUINS PREVAIL 2-1 IN OVERTIME BEHIND CZARNIK'S TWO GOALS - Providence Bruins
- MONSTERS FIGHT TO THE FINISH IN 4-2 LOSS TO GRIFFINS - Cleveland Monsters
- BACHMAN'S BIG NIGHT CARRIES COMETS TO WIN OVER CRUNCH - Utica Comets
- LATE GOAL DEFEATS CHECKERS IN LEHIGH VALLEY - Charlotte Checkers
- CRUNCH FALL TO COMETS, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs Return from Break for Clash with Moose - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Hill from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Reading Takes Flight Visits - Manitoba Moose
- F Tyrell Goulbourne Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Comets Sign Goaltender Mitch Gillam to PTO - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Hogs Host Alumni Night, Dri-Fit Quarter Zip Giveaway Saturday
- Meet IceHogs Alumni & Win Blackhawks Tickets Friday at Owly Oop
- Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO Tonight for Hogs' Lottery Cup Showdown
- Brackets Are Set: Take on Tuulola, Gilbert/McArdle