Legends Host Military Empowerment Night Benefiting Project RELO, Presented by Sprint
FRISCO, TX, (Nov. 7, 2018) - The Texas Legends will host the Salt Lake City Stars in their home opener this Friday, but the team is focused on more than just the beginning of basketball season. Thanks to a partnership with Sprint and Project RELO, the Legends will be working to educate and empower military veterans, using the game as a platform to do so.
Project RELO was established in 2016 to bridge the gap between veterans and the corporate world. The 501(c)3 works to build a network of businesses that understand that hiring veterans is not just about publicity, but that there is a value and skillset they bring to the workforce far beyond corporate social responsibility.
"We are excited to partner with Sprint and the Legends to further spread the word about our mission," said Project RELO CEO Casey McEuin. "The Legends offer a large stage for our message beyond just the game itself, with their networking and events we utilize to build our database. Besides that, it's a fun way for us to connect with the North Dallas community, and we're grateful to Sprint for providing this opportunity!"
Sprint is one of the largest networks in America, delivering LTE Advanced mobile service nationwide. Sprint has a strong military initiative, offering discounts for military families and hiring and awards programs for current service members and veterans. The Military Empowerment night will help to showcase those initiatives to the Legends family and will further strengthen the relationship between Sprint and Project RELO.
Representatives from Sprint and Project RELO will be on hand at Friday's game to speak to fans about the mission behind each organization and to be honored as "Legends of the Night". Project RELO is also hosting a forum and hiring fair prior to the game to connect veterans with companies who value the assets our service members have to offer. For more information on the pre-game activities contact Casey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Legends and Stars will tip off at 7:30pm for the second matchup of the two teams. Texas traveled to Salt Lake City on Tuesday but came up short against the Stars to move to 1-1 on the season. For tickets or information visit www.TexLegends.com or call 214-469-0822.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Windy City Drops Their Second Consecutive Game, Fall to Grand Rapids, 114-105 - Windy City Bulls
- Maten, Skyforce Cruise to Fourth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Balanced Drive Overcome Bulls - Grand Rapids Drive
- NAZ Suns Can't Finish Back-To-Back Set Sweep - Northern Arizona Suns
- Legends Announce Upgraded Game-Night Concessions - Texas Legends
- Legends Host Military Empowerment Night Benefiting Project RELO, Presented by Sprint - Texas Legends
- Greensboro Swarm, PNC Bank Plan Season-Long Campaign to Benefit Guilford Child Development - Greensboro Swarm
- Memphis Hustle to Host Opening Weekend Festivities - Memphis Hustle
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Jevon Carter from Memphis Hustle - Memphis Hustle
- Pacers Assign Alize Johnson and Edmond Sumner to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson and Khyri Thomas to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Win Home Opener at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stars Outshine Legends in Final Minutes - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.