Legends Heat up in Second Half to Smoke the Wolves
DES MOINES, IA - The Texas Legends (2-2) shot a season-high 58% to take down the Iowa Wolves (1-3) 134-114 Saturday night on the road.
The Wolves took the first lead of the game and stayed close for ten minutes until Texas streaked through 11 straight points to a 39-23 advantage at the buzzer. In spite of a 10-point effort from Jaylen Hoard, Texas' shooting cooled while the Wolves heated up, more than doubling the Legends' second quarter points. Iowa ended the half with a 15-point run of their own to head to the break up 57-54.
The two teams ran through the third neck and neck, exchanging leads five times and tying it up 10. With a minute left in the third, Chad Brown gave Texas two points, evening the score for the final time before six more unanswered Texas scores gave the visitors a 94-88 advantage to open the fourth. The Legends would hold onto that lead, extending the gap to double-digits midway through to sprint to a 20-point win.
Jaylen Hoard led the Legends' efforts with 30 points, 9 rebounds while Dakota Mathias finished 8-of-12 for 22 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists. Isaiah Roby added his third double-double of 11 points, 10 rebounds, and Nate Mason and Josh Reaves added 17 and 16 respectively to round out the double-digit scorers. Texas shot 58.1% from the field and 35% outside while grabbing 51 boards and dishing 18 assists.
Iowa finished at 38.7% on the night, grabbing 50 boards. Naz Reid shot 4-of-7 outside and led all scorers with 32 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 steals. Jaylen Nowell (28 points, 11 rebounds) and Jordan Murphy (15 points, 10 rebounds) each added double-doubles for the home team.
Texas returns home to host the Sacramento Kings affiliate, the Stockton Kings, Wednesday at 7pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 17, 2019
- Stars Cruise Past Warriors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Coast to Second-Straight Home Win - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Defeat Stockton Kings 108-99 - Austin Spurs
- Strong Team Effort Leads to Strong Team Win for Suns over Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Dozier, Windy City Overtake Nets in Second Half, Flip 18 Point Deficit into 107-87 Win - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Scores 46 Points in Fourth Quarter as Nets Drop Third Straight - Long Island Nets
- Herd Posts Fourth Consecutive Win, Beat Capital City 132-106 - Wisconsin Herd
- Timberwolves Recall NAZ Reid from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- San Antonio Assigns Keldon Johnson and Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends Heat up in Second Half to Smoke the Wolves - Texas Legends
- Clippers Fall to Skyforce - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.