Legends Dim the Stars
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (2-1) broke away in the fourth quarter to defeat the Salt Lake City Stars (2-1) 130-114 Friday night in Frisco.
The two teams exchanged leads 25 times in the first three quarters, tying it up another 15. Salt Lake City grabbed the first lead with an outside shot from Naz Mitrou-Long, going up 5-0 after Willie Reed hit the free throw line. Texas responded with a 6-0 run of their own to take their first lead two minutes in, and the back-and-forth began. After 15 lead changes, Codi Miller-McIntyre hit a long ball at the buzzer to give the Legends a two-point edge at the end of one. After shooting 40% from outside in the first, Texas struggled in the second hitting 1-of-7 while Salt Lake City knocked down 4-of-9. The two teams kept it close, battling for the advantage up to halftime, but Tony Bradley got the last bucket to boost Salt Lake City to 64-62 at the break.
The Stars held onto their lead until 1:30 left in the third when Daryl Macon's hot shooting took over. With a 13-point quarter, Macon gave Texas the nudge back on top that would hold them through the final buzzer. The home team outscored the Stars 30-18 in the final quarter to get revenge for the previous matchup in Salt Lake City.
Macon led the Legends' scoring efforts with 27 while Ray Spalding (25 points, 10 rebounds, 4 steals) and Jameel Warney (23 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists) followed closely. Miller-McIntyre added the team's first triple-double of the season with 11 points, a game-high 11 rebounds, and 10 assists.
Reed put up 27 points, 9 rebounds to lead the Stars while Bradley added 24 points, 6 rebounds. Jairus Lyles grabbed a double-double for the visitors with 13 points, 10 assists.
The Legends will hit the road Sunday to take on the Oklahoma City Blue at 2pm before returning home to host the Stockton Kings Wednesday at 7pm. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2018
- Skyforce Stay Perfect in Win over Wisconsin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Magic Fall in Home Opener against the Westchester Knicks - Lakeland Magic
- Swarm Remain Unbeaten in Front of Sold out Fieldhouse - Greensboro Swarm
- Charge Win Home Opener - Canton Charge
- Drive Fall 115-113 in Greensboro - Grand Rapids Drive
- Alize Johnson Leads Offensive Surge for Mad Ants against Red Claws - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Phoenix Suns Recall Guard De'Anthony Melton - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson and Khyri Thomas to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Santa Cruz Warriors Rally Results in 103-97 Win over Agua Caliente Clippers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fourth quarter comeback fuels Warriors over Clippers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Dim the Stars - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.