Alize Johnson Leads Offensive Surge for Mad Ants against Red Claws
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants defeated the Maine Red Claws, 133-105, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Saturday night in front of a crowd of 4,221. Alize Johnson, on assignment from the Indiana Pacers, stole the show early with a double-double performance at halftime locked in. The rookie from Missouri State finished with 27 points and 20 rebounds on the evening.
Seven Mad Ants (2-1) players finished the night in double figures altogether. Ben Moore sparked the bench effort again with 19 points on 7-of-10 shooting. Rookie guards Demetrius Denzel-Dyson and Rob Gray both chipped in career high totals with 13 and 10 points respectively in reserve roles.
Walt Lemon Jr., a two-way player with the Boston Celtics, led the Red Claws with 23 points on 10-of-17 shooting for the night. It is his fourth 20-point effort on the season.
Maine (1-3) held the advantage in the first quarter for a brief stint, but a 40-point second quarter form the Mad Ants proved insurmountable for the Red Claws. It was the highest scoring output in a quarter this season for Fort Wayne.
Stephan Hicks, Omari Johnson and Edmond Sumner rounded out the double-digit scoring efforts for the Mad Ants starters.
Marcus Georges-Hunt and P.J. Dozier were the lone Red Claw starters to score in double figures along with Lemon.
Fort Wayne outrebounded its opponent for the third time in as many games, owing a plus-14 advantage on the glass. The Mad Ants also capped the evening shooting 14-of-28 from beyond the arc.
Fort Wayne will head to Wisconsin on Wednesday, while Maine will wait to host Raptors 905 on Thursday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2018
- Jenkins and Knicks Make Easy Work of Magic, 125-104 - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Stay Perfect in Win over Wisconsin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Magic Fall in Home Opener against the Westchester Knicks - Lakeland Magic
- Swarm Remain Unbeaten in Front of Sold out Fieldhouse - Greensboro Swarm
- Charge Win Home Opener - Canton Charge
- Drive Fall 115-113 in Greensboro - Grand Rapids Drive
- Alize Johnson Leads Offensive Surge for Mad Ants against Red Claws - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Phoenix Suns Recall Guard De'Anthony Melton - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson and Khyri Thomas to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Santa Cruz Warriors Rally Results in 103-97 Win over Agua Caliente Clippers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fourth quarter comeback fuels Warriors over Clippers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Dim the Stars - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.