Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The back-to-back NBA Champion Golden State Warriors have recalled guard Jacob Evans III from the Santa Cruz Warriors, the teams announced today. Two-way forward Marcus Derrickson will also join Golden State today ahead of the team's home game tonight against the Brooklyn Nets (tip-off 5:30 p.m. PST).
Evans III (6'6, 210) appeared in two games (one start) with the Santa Cruz Warriors this week, averaging 6.5 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.00 steals in 19.0 minutes per game. The first-year player out of the University of Cincinnati has also made seven appearances with Golden State this season, averaging 0.6 points and 1.0 assists in 6.3 minutes per game.
Derrickson (6'7, 245) has played in all three games for Santa Cruz this season (all starts), scoring 17.0 points on 54.1% shooting from the field (20-of-37 FG) and 50.0% from three (8-of-16 3FG) to go along with 3.0 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 30.4 minutes per game. A training camp invite to Golden State, Derrickson played in five NBA preseason games (one start) and averaged 5.0 points, 2.8 rebounds and 0.4 assists in 11.4 minutes before being converted to a two-way contract on October 13, 2018.
The Santa Cruz Warriors will take on the Iowa Wolves, the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, tonight at Kaiser Permanente Arena at 7:00 p.m. All fans in attendance tonight will receive a 2018-19 season schedule magnets, courtesy of Lloyd's Tire and Auto Care. For information on tickets for Saturday night and all Warriors home games, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2018
- Skyforce Stay Perfect in Win over Wisconsin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Magic Fall in Home Opener against the Westchester Knicks - Lakeland Magic
- Swarm Remain Unbeaten in Front of Sold out Fieldhouse - Greensboro Swarm
- Charge Win Home Opener - Canton Charge
- Drive Fall 115-113 in Greensboro - Grand Rapids Drive
- Alize Johnson Leads Offensive Surge for Mad Ants against Red Claws - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Phoenix Suns Recall Guard De'Anthony Melton - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson and Khyri Thomas to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Santa Cruz Warriors Rally Results in 103-97 Win over Agua Caliente Clippers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fourth quarter comeback fuels Warriors over Clippers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Dim the Stars - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors Complete First 4-0 Start in Team History, Beat Wolves 109-103 Tonight
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Rally Results in 103-97 Win over Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Stockton Kings on Opening Night, 123-104