Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Demarcus Holland
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends have acquired the returning player rights to Demarcus Holland in a trade with the Agua Caliente Clippers along with Agua Caliente's 3rd round pick in the 2020 NBA G League Draft. In return, Agua Caliente receives Xavier Rathan-Mayes. The trade is subject to a physical.
Holland (6-4, 180, Texas) played 26 games for Agua Caliente last season averaging 5.9 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 1.4 assists. The Garland native played four years for the University of Texas, averaging 7.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 2.4 assists, and 1.2 steals as a sophomore and earning Big 12 All-Defensive Team. Holland played 52 games (including playoffs) with the South Bay Lakers as a rookie averaging 8.5 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.9 asissts, and 1.1 steals in the regular season. He joined the Clippers last season through a trade after 12 games with South Bay. Holland has played 15 games (14 starts) with BC Nokia in Finland this season averaging 10.8 points, 4.3 rebounds, 3.1 assists, and 1.2 steals.
Rathan-Mayes (6-4, 208, Florida State) played 5 games (5 starts) for Texas this season averaging 18.0 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 3.2 assists. The Canadian guard joined the Legends last season through a trade with the Westchester Knicks.
The Legends return home tomorrow night to host the Austin Spurs at 7pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Long Island Nets Fall to Wisconsin in Hard Fought Contest - Long Island Nets
- Herd Ups Winning Streak to Nine, Beats Long Island 125-116 - Wisconsin Herd
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Bruno Fernando and Tyrone Wallace to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Nick Norton - South Bay Lakers
- Isaiah Wright Medical Update - Stockton Kings
- NBA G League News and Notes - December 3 - G League
- Late Three Pushes Magic Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Demarcus Holland - Texas Legends
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Xavier Rathan-Mayes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Bronson Koenig to Join Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Comeback Falls Short in Utah - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Beat Drive to Collect Sixth-Straight Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd
- Legends Continue Mission of the Month Program, Driven by Central Kia
- Legends Partner with Strikz to Host "Get Your Bowl On" Tournament
- Legends Host "Christmas in July" with Goliath Games