Bronson Koenig to Join Erie BayHawks
ERIE, PAÂ - The Erie BayHawks, NBA G League affiliate of the New Orleans Pelicans, announced today that Bronson Koenig will join the team, following his recent acquisition from the Grand Rapids Drive.
Koenig (6-3, 194) last appeared in the NBA G League during the 2017-18 season with Grand Rapids, posting averages of 9.8 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 21.2 minutes. Koenig helped lead the Drive to an appearance in the 2018 NBA G League Playoffs, in which they fell to the eventual 2018 G League Champions, the Raptors 905.
To clear a roster spot for Koenig, the BayHawks cut forward Rakim Sanders. In six games (five starts) with Erie this season, Sanders averaged 5.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.0 steal in 27.1 minutes.
Erie is set to square off with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants this Thursday, Dec. 5, at 7 p.m. Following Thursday's contest, the BayHawks take on the Westchester Knicks in the team's annual Superheroes Night on Saturday, Dec. 7. Tip is set for 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Long Island Nets Fall to Wisconsin in Hard Fought Contest - Long Island Nets
- Herd Ups Winning Streak to Nine, Beats Long Island 125-116 - Wisconsin Herd
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Bruno Fernando and Tyrone Wallace to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Nick Norton - South Bay Lakers
- Isaiah Wright Medical Update - Stockton Kings
- NBA G League News and Notes - December 3 - G League
- Late Three Pushes Magic Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Demarcus Holland - Texas Legends
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Xavier Rathan-Mayes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Bronson Koenig to Join Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Comeback Falls Short in Utah - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Beat Drive to Collect Sixth-Straight Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.