NBA G League News and Notes - December 3
December 3, 2019 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
KEEP HUSTLING: With a win against Oklahoma City on Nov. 30, the Memphis Hustle (8-0) tied the second-most wins to start a season in NBA G League history. Jason March was named NBA G League Coach of the Month for November and guard Dusty Hannahs (left) was named NBA G League Player of the Week for games played Monday, Nov. 25 through Sunday, Dec. 1.
EASTERN CONFERENCE SHOWDOWN: The top two teams in the Eastern Conference collide when the Wisconsin Herd (8-1) visits the Maine Red Claws (7- 2) on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN+. NBA G League Player of the Month for November and Boston Celtics two-way player Tremont Waters (21.6 ppg, 8.0 apg) has led Maine while Wisconsin is propelled by guard Jaylen Adams (19.6 ppg, 6.6 apg).
GOOD TO THE BONE: Detroit Pistons two-way player Jordan Bone (18.5 ppg, 7.7 apg) has been the driving force behind an 8-3 start for Grand Rapids. On Nov. 30, Bone tallied 34 points, five assists, five rebounds and hit the game-tying basket to force overtime against Texas. Bone and the Drive will visit the College Park Skyhawks on Sunday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. ET on NBA TV.
Los Angeles Lakers guard Alex Caruso is making a big impact with the Lakers. While Caruso may not fill up the stat sheet, his teammates and coaches appreciate his effort. After a recent win over the New Orleans Pelicans, Lakers head coach Frank Vogel said "Alex is a perfect example of impacting a game without scoring. He did a lot of the little things and helped us get the win." Caruso, the Lakers first-ever two- way player, was named to the 2018 NBA G League All-Second Team and played in 27 games last season with the South Bay Lakers.
Sacramento Kings two-way player Kyle Guy scored a career-high 42 points and grabbed five rebounds for the Stockton Kings in a 113-109 victory over the Iowa Wolves on Saturday, Nov. 30. The 2019 second-round NBA draft pick is averaging 26.6 points and 5.6 assists.
On Nov. 29 in a 118-117 victory over the Maine Red Claws, Denver Nuggets two-way player P.J. Dozier connected on five three-pointers en route to a 34-point, 11-rebound performance for the Windy City Bulls. Dozier is averaging 22.0 points and 7.9 assists while shooting 42-percent from three-point range.
Josh Gray, a two-way player for the New Orleans Pelicans, continued his strong season with three double-doubles last week. Gray leads the league in scoring (31.0 ppg).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Long Island Nets Fall to Wisconsin in Hard Fought Contest - Long Island Nets
- Herd Ups Winning Streak to Nine, Beats Long Island 125-116 - Wisconsin Herd
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Bruno Fernando and Tyrone Wallace to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Nick Norton - South Bay Lakers
- Isaiah Wright Medical Update - Stockton Kings
- NBA G League News and Notes - December 3 - G League
- Late Three Pushes Magic Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Demarcus Holland - Texas Legends
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Xavier Rathan-Mayes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Bronson Koenig to Join Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Comeback Falls Short in Utah - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Beat Drive to Collect Sixth-Straight Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.