LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) fell to Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 on Tuesday night, eliminating the Black & Gold from the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs.
Sounders FC struck first in the 18th minute through midfielder Nico Lodeiro putting the home team up early in the first half. Not long after, forward Carlos Vela was rewarded a penalty kick after being tripped up by Nouhou Tolo in the box, but failed to convert the equalizer keeping the score 1-0.
Seattle went on to score twice in the second half through Raul Ruidiaz in the 66th minute and Jordan Morris in the 80th. The Black & Gold made it on the board in the 77th minute with a goal from midfielder Eduard Atuesta off an early cross from Vela. Midfielder Mark Anthony Kaye scored a header in the 88th minute, but after review was ruled offside.
LAFC will return to play in mid-December when CONCACAF Champions League returns to action in Orlando, Florida. Dates and times for the Club's first leg against LigaMX side Cruz Azul will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 25, 2020
- Columbus Crew SC Provides COVID-19 Testing Update - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Playoff Update: the Conference Semifinals - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Eastern Conference Semifinal Matchup vs. New England Officially Sold Out - Orlando City SC
- In 2020, the Colorado Rapids Took Steps Toward Future Success - Colorado Rapids
- Loons Head to Sporting Kansas City December 2 for Conference Semifinals - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting to Host Minnesota on December 2 in Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Jacob Greene as 15th Homegrown Player in Club History - D.C. United
- Matchups and Broadcast Schedule Set for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Conference Semifinals - MLS
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Advances to the Eastern Conference Semifinals in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with Goal from Daniel Rios - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and Defender Jesus David Murillo Agree to New Deal
- LAFC Selects Three Players in MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by Adidas
- LAFC Acquires MLS Homegrown Rights to Goalkeeper Tomas Romero
- LAFC Owns #14 Pick in Thursday's MLS SuperDraft
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan