Sporting KC Weekly
Top-seeded Sporting Kansas City will continue their pursuit of an MLS Cup title next Wednesday, Dec. 2, hosting No. 4 seed Minnesota United FC in the Western Conference Semifinals at Children's Mercy Park. The highly anticipated showdown is scheduled for 8 p.m. CT with national television broadcasts on FS1 and FOX Deportes, live streaming via the FOX Sports app, and local radio calls on Sports Radio 810 WHB and La Grande 1340 AM.
Sports Radio 810 WHB will provide comprehensive pregame and postgame coverage next Wednesday, airing a 60-minute preview show at 7 p.m. CT as well as The Final Whistle immediately following the match. Supporters can also access the Sporting KC app for a special pregame show starting at 7:45 p.m. CT.
Following the Round One elimination of No. 1 seed Philadelphia Union and No. 2 seed Toronto FC in the Eastern Conference, Sporting Kansas City now holds homefield advantage in the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs through the 2020 MLS Cup.
The SportingStyle Locker Room Sale will take place Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT inside the Budweiser Brew House at Children's Mercy Park, featuring a wide variety of player-worn and autographed items such as jerseys, training tops and more. Guests in attendance will receive 25% off all full-priced SportingStyle items and up to 50% off sale items. Sporting Kansas City will implement comprehensive health and safety protocols for the event and everyone in attendance must wear face coverings. Individuals planning to attend can RSVP and book their time.
A new episode of the Sporting Kansas City Show will debut Tuesday at 7 p.m. CT on Sports Radio 810 WHB. Hosts Nate Bukaty, Carter Augustine and Aly Trost will hear from a Sporting guest and look ahead to Wednesday's titanic playoff showdown between Sporting and Minnesota. Previous episodes of the Sporting Kansas City Show are available here.
Sporting Kansas City II goalkeeper Brooks Thompson has reached the final round of voting for the USL Championship's Fans' Choice Save of the Year. His superb reaction stop on July 18 kept out Nick Moon's header from point-blank range in a narrow 2-1 loss at Indy Eleven as the Indiana native made a career-high nine saves on the night. Thompson's brilliant stop is now up against Charleston Battery's Joe Kuzminsky in the championship round of the online bracket with fan voting open until 11 a.m. CT on Tuesday.
For news, videos, photos and instant updates throughout the 2020 season, follow Sporting Kansas City on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and download the official Sporting KC app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 25, 2020
- Columbus Crew SC Provides COVID-19 Testing Update - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Playoff Update: the Conference Semifinals - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Eastern Conference Semifinal Matchup vs. New England Officially Sold Out - Orlando City SC
- In 2020, the Colorado Rapids Took Steps Toward Future Success - Colorado Rapids
- Loons Head to Sporting Kansas City December 2 for Conference Semifinals - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting to Host Minnesota on December 2 in Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Jacob Greene as 15th Homegrown Player in Club History - D.C. United
- Matchups and Broadcast Schedule Set for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Conference Semifinals - MLS
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Advances to the Eastern Conference Semifinals in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with Goal from Daniel Rios - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.