Columbus Crew SC Provides COVID-19 Testing Update
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today confirmed four positive COVID-19 cases involving players following testing this week. No additional positive results for players or staff were received following additional rounds of testing today (Wednesday, Nov. 25), results of which returned this evening. All MLS players undergo Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests every other day, including the day before each match. The confirmation of a COVID-19 case occurs when a player receives two consecutive positive test results.
Upon receipt of initial positive results of two players on Sunday, November 22, both players self-isolated under a strict and detailed protocol and extensive contact tracing and facility sanitization took place. After a scheduled off day on Monday, two additional players had results that returned positive following Tuesday's testing and self-isolated. The Club will continue to test each remaining day this week and is scheduled to train Friday and Saturday ahead of Sunday's postseason contest at home.
The health and safety of all players and staff remains the highest priority for the Club and the four individuals will remain in isolation, to be monitored by the Club's medical staff. The Club has been in regular communication with Major League Soccer and local health authorities on the matter.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 25, 2020
- Columbus Crew SC Provides COVID-19 Testing Update - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Playoff Update: the Conference Semifinals - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Eastern Conference Semifinal Matchup vs. New England Officially Sold Out - Orlando City SC
- In 2020, the Colorado Rapids Took Steps Toward Future Success - Colorado Rapids
- Loons Head to Sporting Kansas City December 2 for Conference Semifinals - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting to Host Minnesota on December 2 in Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Jacob Greene as 15th Homegrown Player in Club History - D.C. United
- Matchups and Broadcast Schedule Set for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Conference Semifinals - MLS
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Advances to the Eastern Conference Semifinals in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with Goal from Daniel Rios - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Set for April Kickoff
- Columbus Crew SC Selects Two Players in Major League Soccer SuperDraft 2021
- Columbus Crew SC Completes Transfer of Defender Chris Cadden
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Academy Product and Midfielder Isaiah Parente
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires 2021 MLS SuperDraft Selection in Trade with D.C. United