LAFC Downs Montreal Impact 4-2 on Friday Night at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) extended its unbeaten streak to seven matches after downing the Montreal Impact 4-2 on Friday evening at Banc of California Stadium. Goals from Christian Ramirez, Carlos Vela, Latif Blessing and Tristan Blackmon gave the Black & Gold their tenth win of the season, and seventh at home.
LAFC took an early lead after Ramirez blocked Evan Bush's clearance and saw the ball trickle into the back of the net seven minutes into the match. Moments before the 30-minute mark, Vela would score his fourth goal in as many matches - taking his season tally to 15 goals. Vela finished the month of May with four goals and four assists.
Blessing and Blackmon would add to the lead, scoring their first of the season, with Blackmon's being his first-ever MLS goal in just his second game of the year. The visitors would find the back of the net twice in the last 20 minutes via an Eddie Segura own goal and a Saphir Taider penalty kick.
LAFC (10-1-4; 34 points) hits the road again next weekend as the Club gets set to face the Portland Timbers on Saturday, June 1 in the first game of 2019 at Providence Park. In the first meeting of the season, the Black & Gold defeated the Timbers 4-1 on March 10 at Banc of California Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 25, 2019
- Rapids Postgame Notes - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Remains Unbeaten at Allianz Field Defeating Dynamo 1-0 - Minnesota United FC
- Adi makes return to starting lineup; FCC wraps up season series with New York - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 1-1 Draw - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Draw New England 1-1 at Gillette Stadium - D.C. United
- Timbers Register 3-1 Win on the Road against Philadelphia Union - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Falls to the Vancouver Whitecaps, 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Ali Adnan scores wonder goal, Venuto tallies winner as 'Caps victorious - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Kacper Przybylko notches team-leading fourth goal; Michee Ngalina makes MLS debut in setback - Philadelphia Union
- Kaku, Fernandez Lead Red Bulls by Cincy - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo Fall 1-0 at Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo
- Notes & Quotes: Chicago Fire 1 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Extends Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games in 1-1 Draw Versus New York City FC - Chicago Fire
- Abby Wambach & Sunil Gulati Highlight 2019 National Soccer Hall of Fame Class - FC Dallas
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Sporting Kansas City - May 26, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to Real Salt Lake - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Falls 4-2 against Los Angeles FC - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Downs Montreal Impact 4-2 on Friday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Topples MLS Cup Champion Atlanta United 2-1 - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20
- LAFC Defeats Real Salt Lake 3-0 to Advance in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- LAFC Announces Angel City Brewery as the Club'sofficial Craft Beer Partner
- LAFC Travels to Face Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup on Tuesday, June 11
- LAFC Transfers Midfielder Andrehorta to SC Braga