LAFC Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) returned home to Banc of California Stadium on Saturday afternoon and defeated the San Jose Earthquakes 3-1 behind two goals and an assist from Cristian Arango.
The Black & Gold kept their playoffs hopes alive with the decisive win to improve to 10-12-7 (W-L-T) for 37 points.
Danny Musovski got LAFC on the board first with a goal in the third minute off a beautiful back heel pass from Arango. Arango then put the Black & Gold up 2-0 when he converted a penalty kick in the 28th minute.
The Earthquakes scored off a corner kick from Carlos Fierro in the 61st minute, but Arango put the game away in the 88th minute with his second goal on a breakaway created by a Brian Rodriguez.
LAFC returns to action with an important week on the road, travelling to FC Dallas on Wednesday, Oct. 20 (Bally's Sports SoCal/Estrella TV/1110 AM ESPN/980 AM) and then to Minnesota on Saturday, Oct. 23 (My13 KCOP/Estrella TV/1110 AM ESPN/980 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2021
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 against Nashville SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Draws in the District and Remains Second in Eastern ConferenceÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Defeats Toronto FC 2-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC (0) - Atlanta United (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Revolution Draw Chicago Fire FC, 2-2 - New England Revolution
- Júnior Urso Nets Game-Winner in Lions' 1-0 Victory at FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Battles New England Revolution to 2-2 Draw at Gillette Stadium - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls 4-0 to Columbus Crew - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Fall to LAFC 3-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Late Score Lifts CF Montréal to Draw with Philadelphia in the Rain - Club de Foot Montreal
- Kai Wagner scores third goal of the season; Union remain unbeaten in their last six matches - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Faces Houston Dynamo in Road Matchup at PNC Stadium - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Face LAFC Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- New England Revolution Playoff Ticket Packages Now on Sale - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Return to League Play at PNC Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Red Bulls Welcome NYCFC to Red Bull Arena for Final New York Derby of 2021 Regular Season - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Season of Giving Continues with Blood Drive & Community Events on Dec 6 & 7
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2022 Season
- LAFC Signs Alan 'Savvy Panda' Vu as eMLS Athlete for 2022 Season
- LAFC Forward Cristian Arango Named MLS Newcomer of the Year
- Los Angeles Officially Welcomes FIFA Delegation in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™