Earthquakes Face LAFC Today
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes (8-11-9; 33 pts.) face Los Angeles Football Club (9-12-7; 34 pts.) in a pivotal Western Conference matchup at Banc of California Stadium todayat 12:30 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast nationally on Univision, TUDN, Twitter, KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF.
Saturday's match marks the third and final meeting between the two clubs during the 2021 MLS regular season, with San Jose defeating LAFC twice at PayPal Park earlier this year (W 2-1, Aug. 8; W 2-0, Sept. 25). The Earthquakes are riding a four-match winning streak over the Southern California side, holding a 4-5-0 overall record against them. San Jose is led by the reigning MLS Player of the Month Chofis, who leads the team with 11 goals.
LAFC currently occupies ninth place in the Western Conference standings and are just one point ahead of San Jose. LAFC have only suffered three defeats in 14 home matches this year (6-3-5). Forward Cristian Arango leads his team with six goals in his debut season in MLS, while superstar Carlos Vela could be making his first appearance since August after being sidelined with a hamstring injury.
Images from this story
San Jose Earthquakes vs. LAFC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2021
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 against Nashville SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Draws in the District and Remains Second in Eastern ConferenceÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Defeats Toronto FC 2-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC (0) - Atlanta United (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Revolution Draw Chicago Fire FC, 2-2 - New England Revolution
- Júnior Urso Nets Game-Winner in Lions' 1-0 Victory at FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Battles New England Revolution to 2-2 Draw at Gillette Stadium - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls 4-0 to Columbus Crew - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Fall to LAFC 3-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Late Score Lifts CF Montréal to Draw with Philadelphia in the Rain - Club de Foot Montreal
- Kai Wagner scores third goal of the season; Union remain unbeaten in their last six matches - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Faces Houston Dynamo in Road Matchup at PNC Stadium - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Face LAFC Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- New England Revolution Playoff Ticket Packages Now on Sale - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Return to League Play at PNC Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Red Bulls Welcome NYCFC to Red Bull Arena for Final New York Derby of 2021 Regular Season - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Sign 16-Year-Old Midfielder Niko Tsakiris to Homegrown Contract
- Earthquakes Sign Goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski to New Contract
- Earthquakes Select Stanford Forward Ousseni Bouda and Clemson Defender Oskar Agren in First Round of 2022 MLS SuperDraft
- MLS SuperDraft 2022 Takes Place Today
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 10, 2022