LAFC and FC Dallas to Meet Twice in Four Days
e Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) returns to Banc of California Stadium to host 'Women In Sports Night' during the Club's second mid-week match of 2019 on ursday, May 16 against FC Dallas. e match is slated to kick-off at 7:00 p.m. PT on ESPN2, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM 'La Mera Mera'.
During the game, co-owner and U.S. Soccer legend Mia Hamm will lead a special 'Women in Sports' recognition event at halftime alongside other notable female athletes, including members of the Los Angeles Sparks. Five-time WNBA All-Star and 2016 WNBA Most Valuable Player Nneka Ogwumike will serve as the Honorary Falconer during pre-match activities.
e 'Women In Sports Week' culminates with an LAFC Street Team activation at Girls Play L.A. Sports Day at the Westwood Recreation Center on Saturday, May 18. Girls Play L.A. Sports Day, put on by Los Angeles Recreation & Parks, will feature basketball, soccer, tennis and volleyball sports clinics. Fans are encouraged to come out for clinics, activities, free prizes, live music and food.
LAFC and FC Dallas will then face off on Sunday, May 19 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. e second and final regular season meeting between the two sides is now scheduled for 4:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on YouTube TV, UniMás KFTR 46, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM 'La Mera Mera'.
Last week, LAFC (8-1-3; 27 points) earned its third road victory of the 2019 season after defeating Columbus Crew SC 3-0 on Saturday night at MAPFRE Stadium. Goals from Mark-Anthony Kaye, Adama Diomande and Carlos Vela gave the Black & Gold its eighth win of the season, and third shutout win away from home.
Meanwhile, FC Dallas suffered its first home loss of the 2019 campaign - a 3-1 defeat at the hands of the New York Red Bulls on Saturday afternoon. Despite the loss, Dallas remains in fifth place in the Western Conference with a 5-4-2 (17 points) record.
In 2018, LAFC was only able to earn one point from the two meetings against FC Dallas. e Black & Gold tied their first game in Club history during a 1-1 draw on May 5 at Banc of California Stadium, before dropping all three points in a 2-1 defeat on June 2 at Toyota Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 15, 2019
- D.C. United Draw Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field - D.C. United
- Breaking Down the XI | Full Squad Rotation - Orlando City SC
- LAFC and FC Dallas to Meet Twice in Four Days - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Face Ottawa Fury FC on June 18 at TD Place - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Announces Best XI Voting Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Announces Remaining Promotions for 2019 - FC Dallas
- Bruce Arena Sets Sights on Coaching Win Record with Revolution: Week 12 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC Announces Porsche as the Club's Official Luxury Automobile Partner - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Joins EMLS Ahead of 2020 Season
- Four LAFC Members Named Finalists for MLS End-Of-Year Awards
- LAFC Launches 'For Los Angeles' as Team Prepares for Playoffs
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA Sports
- LAFC to Celebrate Record-Breaking Season with 'Best of LA'