Storylines | City vs. Seattle Sounders
Wednesday's contest will see two of the three league-leading goalkeepers in saves on the field. Orlando City goalkeeper Brian Rowe now leads the league in saves in 2019 with 40, followed by Seattle's Stefan Frei with 39. San Jose's Daniel Vega sits tied with Frei for second in the league with the same total. Rowe is on track to best his season-high saves total from 2016, when he recorded 113 stops for the L.A. Galaxy through 31 appearances.
Last Time in The Emerald City...
The last time the Lions visited CenturyLink Field on June 22, 2017, the two sides battled to a 1-1 draw. City earned that result in dramatic fashion, scoring in the 94th minute at the death to force the two clubs to split the points. Former Lion Scott Sutter scored the late goal for the Lions, getting his head on the end of a free kick from Kaka from the left side for the finish.
Moving up the Ranks
On Sunday in Atlanta, Cristian Higuita recorded his 96th MLS appearance. The match marked his first appearance since March 16 against Montreal and his first start of the season. Higuita is the all-time leader in MLS appearances (96) for the Club and sits solely in second in starts (78) behind former goalkeeper Joe Bendik (91), passing former Lion Cyle Larin (77) with his start on Sunday. Higuita is the longest-tenured Lion as he is the lone remaining member of the 2015 inaugural MLS team.
Earlier this year the club celebrated Cristian reaching 100 appearances across all competitions.
Against the West...
Thus far in 2019, City boasts a 2-1-0 record against Western Conference opponents. Both wins came in Orlando in a 4-3 victory over Colorado on April 6 and a 1-0 win against Vancouver on April 20. The Lions' one loss to the west came on April 13 at Real Salt Lake in a 2-1 defeat.
F Dom Dwyer's next appearance will be his 50th for the Club.
M Josue Colman's next appearance will be his 30th as a Lion.
Orlando City is four goals away from its 200th in MLS play.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 15, 2019
- D.C. United Draw Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field - D.C. United
- Breaking Down the XI | Full Squad Rotation - Orlando City SC
- LAFC and FC Dallas to Meet Twice in Four Days - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Face Ottawa Fury FC on June 18 at TD Place - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Announces Best XI Voting Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Announces Remaining Promotions for 2019 - FC Dallas
- Bruce Arena Sets Sights on Coaching Win Record with Revolution: Week 12 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC Announces Porsche as the Club's Official Luxury Automobile Partner - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City Hosts New England in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16
- Know Your Opponent | New England Revolution
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target
- Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16
- Orlando City Advances to U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 with 3-1 Win at Memphis