Impact to Face Ottawa Fury FC on June 18 at TD Place
NTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced on Wednesday that it will take part in a friendly game against Ottawa Fury FC, its USL partner club, on Tuesday, June 18, at 7pm, at TD Place, in Ottawa.
Tickets for this game are currently available online at OttawaFuryFC.com/tickets or by contacting the A ticket office at TD Place.
The Impact won the inaugural edition of Cap City Cup in 2018 following a 1-0 win at TD Place, with a goal from Clément Bayiha.
In its third USL season, the Ottawa Fury FC is currently 10th in the Eastern Conference with a record of seven wins, eight losses and three draws in 13 season games.
The partnership between both clubs includes the option for the Impact to send players on loan to Ottawa. Many of them have benefited from this opportunity since then, including defender Daniel Kinumbe, and midfielders Shamit Shome, Amir Sejdic and Bayiha The Impact also loaned defender Thomas Meilleur-Giguère to Ottawa for the entire 2018 season. Many former first team or Impact Academy players also play with the Fury FC, including goalkeeper Jordan Tisseur, defenders Maxim Tissot and Carl Haworth and midfielders Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé, Protais Mutambala and Luca Ricci.
Founded in 2005, the Fury FC was first a USL PDL club. In 2011, Ottawa got a NASL franchise and started playing in the league in 2014. After the 2016 season, Ottawa decided to leave the NASL to join the USL for the 2017 season onwards.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 15, 2019
- D.C. United Draw Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field - D.C. United
- Breaking Down the XI | Full Squad Rotation - Orlando City SC
- LAFC and FC Dallas to Meet Twice in Four Days - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Face Ottawa Fury FC on June 18 at TD Place - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Announces Best XI Voting Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Announces Remaining Promotions for 2019 - FC Dallas
- Bruce Arena Sets Sights on Coaching Win Record with Revolution: Week 12 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC Announces Porsche as the Club's Official Luxury Automobile Partner - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Foundation Donates Multisport Mini-Field to Parc Joe-Beef
- Orji Okwonkwo Named Impact Most Valuable Player
- Montreal Impact's Possible Opponents in CONCACAF Champions League Are Known
- Impact Shuts out New York Red Bulls 3-0
- Impact Hosts New York Red Bulls on Fan Appreciation Day