Komets Receive Forward Kaid Oliver in Trade with Iowa
Fort Wayne, IN - The Fort Wayne Komets have traded the rights to defenseman Matt Murphy to Iowa for forward Kaid Oliver. Goaltender Rylan Toth and defenseman Aiden Jamieson have agreed to terms, and forward Jake Goldowski has been signed to a tryout.
Oliver, 22, skated 70 games in his rookie season with the Iowa Heartlanders. The White Rock, British Columbia, native netted 15 goals, while adding 35 assists for a total of 50 points. He also skated one game with the Iowa Wild of the AHL.
Last season, Murphy suited up for 21 games with the Komets, while also making appearances with Abbotsford and Providence of the AHL.
Toth, 26, made his pro debut last season after posting an 11-5-1 record and a 2.34 goals-against average, with a save percentage of .920 for the University of British Columbia. The 6'2 netminder played one game with the Abbotsford Canucks of the AHL. The Saskatoon, Saskatchewan native also served as an emergency backup for the Vancouver Canucks in the NHL.
Jamieson, 26, played four seasons for Dalhousie University, appearing in 89 games and scoring 9 goals while adding 28 assists. The lefthanded defenseman also played in 203 games in the OHL, accumulating 71 points (5g, 66a).
Goldowski, 22, played last season in Finland with Suomi-sarja and Mestis, collecting 41points (15g, 26a) in 30 games. The 6'3 forward also skated five seasons in the junior ranks, making appearance in the OHL, USHL and NAHL, scoring 54 goals, coupled with 55 assists in 220 games played.
The team will open up the season on October 21, at Indy, with the home opener on October 22, against Cincinnati.
Season tickets are on sale now! Visit komets.com or call 260-483-0011 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 28, 2022
- Dan Watson Returns as Walleye Head Coach - Toledo Walleye
- Komets Receive Forward Kaid Oliver in Trade with Iowa - Fort Wayne Komets
- Kirill Chaika Re-Signs with Indy Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Rookie Forward Sam Sternschein Returns to Jacksonville - Jacksonville Icemen
- California Native Lawton Courtnall Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Brett Van Os Returns to Norfolk for 2022-23 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Defenseman Connor Russell Back in the Fold in Iowa - Iowa Heartlanders
- Mavericks Announce New Affiliation with the Seattle Kraken - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Announce Preseason Game - Allen Americans
- Oilers to Play Allen in Preseason Contest - Tulsa Oilers
- Guertler Re-Ups with Atlanta After Impressive Rookie Season - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings Re-Sign All-Star Brenden Miller - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Bring Back Forward Michael Neville - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Sweep Three Games in Iowa
- Komets Tops in Attendance
- Komets Net Five out of Six Points over the Weekend
- MLK Night this Sunday Versus Indy
- Komet Legend Bobby Rivard Passes