Know Your Opponent | Minnesota United FC
Minnesota has had a turnaround season in large part due to the additions the club made in the offseason. The Loons strengthened the defense by adding defender Romain Metanire (who featured in the MLS All-Star game), MLS veteran defender Ike Opara, keeper Vito Mannone and holding midfielder Osvaldo Alonso. The changes have helped the side to the fourth-best defensive record in the Western Conference going into Saturday's meeting with City.
Darwin Quintero leads the Loons with eight goals on the season but 20 year-old forward Mason Toye had a hot July with three goals to his name. Jan Gregus has been the leading assist man for MNUFC with eight.
At home the Loons are a formidable side with only one loss in 2019 with an 8-1-4 record. They hold a 4-0-1 record in their last five at home.
City is 0-2-0 against Minnesota. Both losses have been by a single goal.
Rasmussen College Fun Fact
City meets two old faces again. This will be City's third meeting against former Manager Adrian Heath and attacking threat Kevin Molino.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 17, 2019
- Ten-Man Chicago Fire Blank Philadelphia Union 2-0, Move Within One Point of a Playoff Spot - Chicago Fire
- Chris Wondolowski scores 150th goal in a Quakes uniform; Andres Rios makes MLS debut - San Jose Earthquakes
- Dynamo Rally for 2-2 Draw Behind Manotas Brace - Houston Dynamo
- Notes & Quotes: FC Cincinnati 1 - 4 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Toronto FC (2) - Columbus Crew SC (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Sporting Claws Back to Claim 2-1 Win over San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- Union suffer defeat to Fire on road - Philadelphia Union
- FC Dallas Earns a Point in Comeback Draw against Montreal Impact - FC Dallas
- MNUFC Draw Orlando 1-1 Despite Strong Performance - Minnesota United FC
- Postgame Note: Houston Dynamo 2, Colorado Rapids 2 - Colorado Rapids
- Allan Cruz scores FCC-leading fifth goal of 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Impact and FC Dallas Draw 3-3 - Montreal Impact
- Orlando City Earn Fourth-Consecutive Result with 1-1 Draw at Minnesota - Orlando City SC
- Red Bulls and Revolution Draw 1-1 at RBA - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Loan Cody Cropper to Harford Athletic - New England Revolution
- Revolution Set Club Record in 1-1 Draw with New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Breaking Down the XI | On Short Rest in Minnesota - Orlando City SC
- Know Your Opponent | Minnesota United FC - Orlando City SC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - August 17, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Storylines | City vs. Minnesota United FC - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City Beats Kansas City 2-1 to Set Club Record Seven-Game Unbeaten Streak
- Orlando City Forward Matheus Aias to Undergo Additional Medical Testing
- Orlando City SC Announces Final Nine Matches of MLS Regular-Season Schedule
- Orlando City Travels to Sporting Kansas City for Midweek Match
- Storylines: City vs. Sporting KC