Knights and Bats Suspended on Saturday from Louisville, KY
(LOUISVILLE, KY) - Saturday's game between the Charlotte Knights and Louisville Bats from Louisville Slugger Field in Louisville, KY has been suspended due to heavy rain. The two teams will resume Saturday's suspended game at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday from Louisville, KY. The two teams will play that game to its conclusion and then play the regularly scheduled game, which will be a nine-inning contest.
Saturday's game was halted in the bottom of the seventh inning with the Knights ahead of the Bats by a score of 6-5. RHP Dylan Cease started the game for the Knights and allowed two runs on four hits over 3.2 innings of work. He walked three batters and struck-out three. Third baseman Danny Mendick launched his seventh home run of the season.
Pre-game radio coverage on Sunday will begin at 11:55 a.m. on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 11, 2019
- Ockimey's Two Homers Not Enough as Stripers Walk-Off with 5-4 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indians Win Third Straight Behind Vera's Strong Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Beat Pawtucket in Wild Walk-Off - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bats vs. Knights Suspended; to be Resumed Sunday as Part of Doubleheader - Louisville Bats
- Knights and Bats Suspended on Saturday from Louisville, KY - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Fall to Clippers, 3-1, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Six straight losses for Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Defeat Mud Hens, 5-1 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Tides and Buffalo Postponed Saturday - Norfolk Tides
- Lugo Homers in Loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bulls Edge Wings 1-0 - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Notes: Charlotte Knights (17-16) at Louisville Bats (15-20) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Norfolk (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (17-16) at Lehigh Valley IronPigs (19-14) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red-Hot Tides Defeat Bisons, 4-1 - Buffalo Bisons
- Agrazal Dominates IronPigs as Indy Takes Opener - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- Charlotte Knights Nominated for Minor League Baseball's Top Honor
- Matt Parrott Named IL Sports Turf Manager of the Year for Third Straight Season
- Knights Fall to Tides 7-6 in 10 Innings, Ending 2019 Season
- Knights Fall to Tides 11-2 on Sunday
- Knights Back Atop Wild Card Race with 5-2 Win