Six straight losses for Lehigh Valley
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (19-15) have lost six-straight games after the Indianapolis Indians (18-16) 6-1 win on Saturday night.
The Pigs managed their only run of the game in the bottom of the fifth inning as Lane Adams hit a pinch-hit RBI triple off Eduardo Vera (1-3) to score Gift Ngoepe.
Drew Anderson (0-3) left the game after 4 1/3 innings due to injury as he allowed three runs over the course of the fourth and fifth innings. Will Craig hit an RBI single in the top of the fourth inning, while Jason Martin added an RBI single in the fifth inning and Ke'Bryan Hayes got a runner in on a fielder's choice.
Indianapolis scored three runs in the top of the ninth inning. Martin added an RBI double while he and Hayes both scored on a wild pitch by Josh Martin.
Tyler Gilbert pitched two scoreless innings while Kyle Dohy pitched 2/3 of an inning in relief of Anderson. Luke Leftwich allowed two of the three runs in the top of the ninth inning.
Lehigh Valley looks to avoid the sweep tomorrow afternoon as they will wrap up their series with Indianapolis at 1:35 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 11, 2019
- Ockimey's Two Homers Not Enough as Stripers Walk-Off with 5-4 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indians Win Third Straight Behind Vera's Strong Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Beat Pawtucket in Wild Walk-Off - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bats vs. Knights Suspended; to be Resumed Sunday as Part of Doubleheader - Louisville Bats
- Knights and Bats Suspended on Saturday from Louisville, KY - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Fall to Clippers, 3-1, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Six straight losses for Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Defeat Mud Hens, 5-1 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Tides and Buffalo Postponed Saturday - Norfolk Tides
- Lugo Homers in Loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bulls Edge Wings 1-0 - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Notes: Charlotte Knights (17-16) at Louisville Bats (15-20) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Norfolk (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (17-16) at Lehigh Valley IronPigs (19-14) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red-Hot Tides Defeat Bisons, 4-1 - Buffalo Bisons
- Agrazal Dominates IronPigs as Indy Takes Opener - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.