Kelan Martin and Wolves Make a Big Splash against Warriors on the Road
Santa Cruz, Calif. - The Iowa Wolves (17-18) recorded a new season-high in points with a 152-117 victory over the Santa Cruz Warriors (18-16) Wednesday evening on the road.
The 35-point margin of victory was the second highest so far this season for Iowa.
Kelan Martin had an outstanding shooting night for the Wolves, finishing with 37 points on 14-of-17 shooting from the field and 6-of-7 from the three-point line. The former Butler Bulldog just missed out on tying his season-high points total (39).
The Wolves dominated from start to finish, never trailing during the game and leading by as many as 38 points.
As a team the Wolves shot 58.0% (51-of-88) from the field and 48.7% from deep, tying a season-high in three-point percentage for a single-game.
The Big 12 Conference duo of Barry Brown Jr. and Lindell Wigginton was a force to be reckoned with off the bench, providing 27 and 23 points respectively, with each guard knocking down four three-pointers and shooting over 50.0% from the field.
Former Golden State Warrior Omari Spellman added 15 points and seven rebounds in his Wolves debut, shooting an even 50.0% from the field.
Isaiah Reese produced a team-high 34 points for the Warriors, shooting 13-of-22 from the floor and 7-of-14 from beyond the arc. Deyonta Davis chipped in with 25 points and 11 boards for the home team.
Iowa continues its three-game road trip tomorrow night against the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario with a 9:00 p.m. CT tipoff.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Austin Spurs Top Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-106 - Austin Spurs
- Wisconsin Tames Swarm for Fourth Straight Victory - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half - Delaware Blue Coats
- Windy City Drops Overtime Thriller in Erie, 127-124 - Windy City Bulls
- Drive Win Fourth Straight Heading into All-Star Break - Grand Rapids Drive
- Go-Go Run Home Winning Streak to Six with 130-125 Victory over Mad Ants - Capital City Go-Go
- Charge Comeback Stalls in Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Cody Demps and Eric Mika Named to USA Men's AmeriCup Qualifying Team - Stockton Kings
- Lakers Hold off Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Warriors Fall to Wolves, 152-117 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kelan Martin and Wolves Make a Big Splash against Warriors on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Tastes Victory in Win over Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors