Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (19-15), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Stockton Kings (19-15), 128-117, on Thursday night at 76ers Fieldhouse.
Seven Blue Coats reached double figures scoring for the sixth time this season. 76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok returned to the Delaware lineup and tallied a game-high 25 points (10-20 fg, 3-10 3fg, 2-2 ft), four rebounds and five assists in 29 minutes of action. Jared Brownridge posted at least 20 points for the third time in the last four contests with 20 points (7-16 fg, 6-13 3fg), two rebounds and three assists in 27 minutes off the bench for the Blue Coats. Justin Robinson (15 points, 11 assists) and Haywood Highsmith (12 points, 11 rebounds) each registered a double-double in defeat.
Doral Moore started and posted 14 points (7-9 fg), seven rebounds and a career-high nine blocked shots in 35 minutes for the home team.
The Blue Coats held a 68-64 halftime lead and fall to 12-4 overall when leading at the break. Stockton corralled 59 rebounds, including a season-high 21 offensive boards.
Isaiah Canaan paced the Stockton attack with 24 points (10-23 fg, 3-5 3fg, 1-1 ft), eight rebounds and six assists in 38 minutes of work. The Kings also saw seven players score at least 10 points in the contest, including all five starters. Robert Franks notched a double-double with 22 points (7-15 fg, 4-7 3fg, 2-2 ft) and 12 rebounds in a game-high 42 minutes for the visitors, while Eric Mika also secured a double-double with 18 points (6-13 fg, 4-5 ft) and a game-high 15 rebounds in 35 minutes. Marcus Graves was a perfect 7-for-7 at the free-throw line, en route to 21 points (5-8 fg, 1-2 3fg, 7-7 ft), two rebounds and seven assists in 28 minutes. The Kings converted 17 of their 19 free-throw attempts (.895).
The Blue Coats will now have more than a week off from game action before returning to 76ers Fieldhouse on Friday, Feb. 21. Tipoff with the Canton Charge is set for 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Austin Spurs Top Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-106 - Austin Spurs
- Wisconsin Tames Swarm for Fourth Straight Victory - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half - Delaware Blue Coats
- Windy City Drops Overtime Thriller in Erie, 127-124 - Windy City Bulls
- Drive Win Fourth Straight Heading into All-Star Break - Grand Rapids Drive
- Go-Go Run Home Winning Streak to Six with 130-125 Victory over Mad Ants - Capital City Go-Go
- Charge Comeback Stalls in Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Cody Demps and Eric Mika Named to USA Men's AmeriCup Qualifying Team - Stockton Kings
- Lakers Hold off Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Warriors Fall to Wolves, 152-117 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kelan Martin and Wolves Make a Big Splash against Warriors on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Tastes Victory in Win over Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- WWE Legend Bob Backlund Headlines Blue Coats' Second Annual Pro Wrestling Extravaganza on March 14
- Blue Coats Acquire Dennis Clifford
- Blue Coats Fall to Charge in First Game After Break
- Delaware Blue Coats to Celebrate Beau Biden Foundation Night to Support the Protection of Children
- Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half