Austin Spurs Top Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-106
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Austin Spurs (20-14), presented by SWBC, defeated the Sioux Falls Skyforce (17-19) by a final score of 116-106 on Thursday night at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park for their Pink Night benefiting the Susan G. Komen of Greater Central and East Texas.
Drew Eubanks finished with 26 points (10-18 FG, 3-3 FT), 13 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 blocks in 37 minutes, while Dedric Lawson recorded his eighth double-double of the season with 17 points and 15 rebounds in 37 minutes of play. Angel Rodriguez finished the game with 20 points in 31 minutes, while Quinndary Weatherspoon posted 18 points and 5 assists in 33 minutes of play.
The game was back and forth in the first quarter with seven lead changes and five ties in the quarter alone. In the second quarter the Spurs established a nine-point lead but the Skyforce were able to cut the lead to 53-50 by the end of the half.
The Spurs started the second half on a 20-8 run giving them a 15-point lead with 6:44 left in the third quarter. The Spurs would maintain the lead for the remainder of the game although the Skyforce cut the lead to seven twice in the fourth quarter.
For the Skyforce, Mychal Mulder led all scorers with 29 points in 41 minutes of play. Daryl Macon posted 23 points and 8 assists in 41 minutes. Four other Skyforce players finished with double-digit points: Davon Reed (14), Trey Mourning (14), Marcus Lee (10) and Kavell Bigby-Williams (10).
The Austin Spurs will host the South Bay Lakers following the All-Star break on Thursday, Feb. 20 at 7:30 p.m. For tickets or the full season schedule, visit austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Austin Spurs Top Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-106 - Austin Spurs
- Wisconsin Tames Swarm for Fourth Straight Victory - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half - Delaware Blue Coats
- Windy City Drops Overtime Thriller in Erie, 127-124 - Windy City Bulls
- Drive Win Fourth Straight Heading into All-Star Break - Grand Rapids Drive
- Go-Go Run Home Winning Streak to Six with 130-125 Victory over Mad Ants - Capital City Go-Go
- Charge Comeback Stalls in Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Cody Demps and Eric Mika Named to USA Men's AmeriCup Qualifying Team - Stockton Kings
- Lakers Hold off Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Warriors Fall to Wolves, 152-117 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kelan Martin and Wolves Make a Big Splash against Warriors on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Tastes Victory in Win over Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.