Jordan Binnington Named AHL Graduate of the Month
SPRINGFIELD, MA - ... The American Hockey League announced Tuesday that goaltender Jordan Binnington of the St. Louis Blues has been selected as the Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month for February.
Binnington was a member of the Rampage until he was recalled to the Blues on Jan. 5.
Binnington was 10-1-0 with a 1.44 goals-against average, a .945 save percentage and four shutouts in 11 appearances during February, earning NHL Rookie of the Month honors and helping St. Louis climb into a playoff position in the National Hockey League's Central Division.
Binnington earned a shutout in his first career NHL start on Jan. 7 and has gone 15-3-1 in 21 games with the Blues this season, with a 1.68 GAA and a .933 save percentage. In helping St. Louis tie a franchise record for team wins in a calendar month (12), Binnington became the second goaltender in the NHL's modern era (since 1943-44) to post five shutouts through his first 18 career starts.
A third-round selection by St. Louis in the 2011 NHL Draft, Binnington played 164 games in the American Hockey League before breaking out with the Blues this winter. He was an AHL All-Star in 2018 and was one of the AHL's top netminders with the Rampage this season (11-4-0, 2.08, .927) before his recall.
The Rampage begin a weekend home-and-home with the Texas Stars on Saturday night with a 7 p.m. CT puck-drop at the AT&T Center. For tickets and information, visit SARampage.com.
Images from this story
Goaltender Jordan Binnington with the San Antonio Rampage
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2019
- Laberge Scores First as Phantoms Triumph at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Lose to Lehigh Valley, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Down Comets, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars Come up Short in Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Comets Comeback Falls Short against Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Season Tickets for 2019-20 on Sale Now - Rockford IceHogs
- Agozzino Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Explain the Story Behind Their Jersey Numbers - Belleville Senators
- Marlies and Rocket Meet for Mid-Week Clash - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Catch Brewers Fever this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Sign Carlisle to AHL Deal - Belleville Senators
- Jordan Binnington Named AHL Graduate of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Connor Ingram to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls Sign Steve McParland and Ryan Tesink to Professional Tryouts - San Diego Gulls
- Heat, Gulls Wrap Three-Game Set Wednesday in San Diego - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Canucks Recall Guillaume Brisebois, Comets Sign Matt Petgrave to PTO - Utica Comets
- Devils Sign Forward Sam Kurker to PTO - Binghamton Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids