Marlies and Rocket Meet for Mid-Week Clash
The Toronto Marlies make their fourth trip to Laval tonight for their eighth of 10 meetings this season against the Rocket. The Marlies currently hold a slight lead in the season series (4-2-1-0) after blanking the Rocket 1-0 and 3-0 in their most recent meetings.
The Marlies have won three of their last five contests and are coming off a 3-2 win over the Cleveland Monsters, while the Rocket are coming off a 4-1 loss to Cleveland. Both teams have split their past 10 games.
The playoff race is heating up and although the Rocket are currently out of contention sitting in seventh place in the North Division, the Marlies continue to jockey for positioning. The Marlies are six points back from Syracuse and Rochester who are tied with 75 points, while Belleville and Utica are fighting for the fourth and final playoff spot with 67 points apiece.
Players to watch: Jeremy Bracco continues to lead the Marlies with 57 points. He's registered an assist in each of his last three games and continues to lead the AHL with 42 assists this season. Laval's Alex Belzile leads the team in scoring with 43 points (13 goals, 30 assists). Rocket rookie, Jake Evans sits second in team scoring with 32 points (12 goals, 20 assists) and has recorded a goal in each of his last two games.
Puck drops at 7:30PM on AHLTV.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
30-19-6-3 Overall Record 24-25-5-4
2-1-1-2 Head To Head 3-2-2-0
Win 1 Streak Loss 1
197 Goals For 154
191 Goals Against 171
22.0% Power Play Percentage 16.7%
79.3% Penalty Kill Percentage 78.5%
C. Mueller (24) Leading Goal Scorer A. Belzile (13)
J. Bracco (57) Leading Points Scorer A. Belzile (43)
M. Hutchinson (10) Wins Leader C. Lindgren (10)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2019
- Laberge Scores First as Phantoms Triumph at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Lose to Lehigh Valley, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Down Comets, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars Come up Short in Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Comets Comeback Falls Short against Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Season Tickets for 2019-20 on Sale Now - Rockford IceHogs
- Agozzino Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Explain the Story Behind Their Jersey Numbers - Belleville Senators
- Marlies and Rocket Meet for Mid-Week Clash - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Catch Brewers Fever this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Sign Carlisle to AHL Deal - Belleville Senators
- Jordan Binnington Named AHL Graduate of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Connor Ingram to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls Sign Steve McParland and Ryan Tesink to Professional Tryouts - San Diego Gulls
- Heat, Gulls Wrap Three-Game Set Wednesday in San Diego - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Canucks Recall Guillaume Brisebois, Comets Sign Matt Petgrave to PTO - Utica Comets
- Devils Sign Forward Sam Kurker to PTO - Binghamton Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Toronto Marlies Sign Riley Woods to One-Year AHL Contract
- Maple Leafs Announce Sheldon Keefe Signed to Two-Year Extension with Toronto Marlies
- Marlies Set for Game 6 in Charlotte
- Marlies Set for Game 5 of Eastern Conference Finals
- Marlies Look to Even Series on Home Ice