Heat, Gulls Wrap Three-Game Set Wednesday in San Diego
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Arena: Pechanga Arena San Diego
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch a stream of the game on AHLTV or at watch parties at Channel Brewing Co. or Port City Bar & Grill. Stockton's radio call is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Tyler Graovac.
Stockton and San Diego wrap up their three-game series tonight in San Diego after splitting a pair of games at Stockton Arena last weekend. The Heat won on Friday by a 5-2 final, rattling off the final five scores of the night, before the Gulls limited Stockton to just 20 shots on goal in a 3-0 shutout on Saturday.
The meeting is the third of the season in San Diego with one remaining at Pechanga Arena on March 30 to wrap up the teams' eight-game set for the regular season.
Jon Gillies enters play Wednesday riding an impressive run of quality play between the pipes, having stopped 212 of 228 shots faced (.930 SVP) while winning five of his last seven starting nods. Over the weekend, Gillies made 67 saves on 71 shots faced (.944 SVP) against San Diego.
The Heat penalty kill has struggled at times this year but has picked up its play of late - having run off a streak of 16-straight kills that dates back to a 6-3 win against the Colorado Eagles on Feb. 17. In that span, the Heat have also lit the lamp four times while down a man.
STONE COLD STUNNER
The Heat have added depth to the blue line with the addition of Michael Stone, announced Tuesday by the Calgary Flames. Stone joins the Heat on a conditioning assignment, having only played in 11 games this year before missing time due to a blood clot. The veteran defenseman has played in 436 NHL games in his career.
YOU STAY CLASSY, SAN DIEGO
Stockton has found success in America's Finest City winning both meetings against the Gulls at Pechanga Arena earlier in the year - a 5-4 shootout victory on Oct. 26 and a 6-5 win on Nov. 23. All-time, Stockton is 8-7-0-2 when visiting the Gulls.
ON THE PLUS SIDE
Juuso Valimaki has seen plenty of ice time since joining the Heat, playing on both special teams units as well as logging a ton of mileage in 5-on-5 time. He has produced two goals and seven assists, earning a point in four of Stockton's last five games, and is a plus-10 over the last six.
QUINE SITTING ON 49
Alan Quine recorded his team-leading 13th multi-point game of the season with a pair of assists on Friday, bringing his total to 31 helpers on the year. Quine enters Wednesday's game with 49 points on the season and will look to reach 50 for the first time since the 2014-15 season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2019
- Laberge Scores First as Phantoms Triumph at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Lose to Lehigh Valley, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Down Comets, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars Come up Short in Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Comets Comeback Falls Short against Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Season Tickets for 2019-20 on Sale Now - Rockford IceHogs
- Agozzino Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Explain the Story Behind Their Jersey Numbers - Belleville Senators
- Marlies and Rocket Meet for Mid-Week Clash - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Catch Brewers Fever this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Sign Carlisle to AHL Deal - Belleville Senators
- Jordan Binnington Named AHL Graduate of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Connor Ingram to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls Sign Steve McParland and Ryan Tesink to Professional Tryouts - San Diego Gulls
- Heat, Gulls Wrap Three-Game Set Wednesday in San Diego - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Canucks Recall Guillaume Brisebois, Comets Sign Matt Petgrave to PTO - Utica Comets
- Devils Sign Forward Sam Kurker to PTO - Binghamton Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.