Jonquel Jones Receives Kia WNBA Player of the Month
Uncasville, CT - The WNBA announced today that Jonquel Jones was named Kia WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month. This is the third time during the 2021 season she has been awarded player of the month and fourth time over her five-year career.
The Connecticut Sun went undefeated for the second month in a row, posting a 5-0 record and extending the win streak 9-game win streak to 14.
Over the five game stretch, Jones averaged 15.4 points per game, 12.0 rebounds per game, 3.0 assists per game and 2.0 blocks per game. In four of the five contests she secured a double-double, finishing the regular season with 18 total. Jones also reached double-figures in scoring in 26 of the 27 games she competed in.
In addition to two player of the month recognitions, Jones has also earned four Eastern Conference Player of the Week awards, an all-star nod and most recently was named WNBA Peak Performer for rebounding. She concluded the season leading the league in rebounds at 11.2 per game.
The No. 1 Sun get ready for games one and two of the WNBA Semifinals scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 30. Both contests will be played at Mohegan Sun Arena and broadcast on ESPN2. Tip is set for 8pm ET. For more information or to purchase tickets head to conneticutsun.com or https://bit.ly/PlayoffTickets21 .
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 20, 2021
- Kelsey Plum Named Kia WNBA Western Conference Player of the Month and Player of the Week - Las Vegas Aces
- Jonquel Jones Receives Kia WNBA Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Miller Earns Back-To-Back WNBA Coach of the Month Awards - Connecticut Sun
- Michaela Onyenwere Named Kia WNBA Rookie of the Month for September - New York Liberty
- Jonquel Jones Receives 2021 WNBA Peak Performer Award - Connecticut Sun
- Natasha Howard Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week - New York Liberty
- 2021 WNBA Peak Performers: Tina Charles, Jonquel Jones and Courtney Vandersloot - WNBA
- Kelsey Mitchell Score 32 Points as Fever Conclude Regular Season at Chicago - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Sun Stories
- Connecticut Sun Announces Partnership with Battlecon Basketball
- 2021 WNBA MVP Jonquel Jones Named to All-WNBA First Team
- Connecticut Sun 2021 Year in Review
- Connecticut Sun and Jordan's Furniture Present "Basketball for FreeÃ¢ÂÂ Clinics
- Connecticut Sun Eliminated by Chicago