2021 WNBA Peak Performers: Tina Charles, Jonquel Jones and Courtney Vandersloot
September 20, 2021 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) News Release
Washington Mystics center Tina Charles, Connecticut Sun forward Jonquel Jones and Chicago Sky guard Courtney Vandersloot are the 2021 WNBA Peak Performer Awards in scoring, rebounding and assists, respectively.
2021 SCORING LEADER
Tina Charles - 23.4 PPG
Charles is the WNBA scoring leader for the second time. She also paced the league's scorers in 2016 when she became just the third player in WNBA history to lead the league in scoring and rebounding in the same season.
2021 REBOUNDING LEADER
Jonquel Jones - 11.2 RPG
Jones is the WNBA rebounding leader for the third time in her career, having also led the league in 2019 and 2017.
2021 ASSISTS LEADER
Courtney Vandersloot - 8.6 APG
Vandersloot is the WNBA assists leader for fifth consecutive season and sixth time in last seven seasons (2021-2017, 2012).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 20, 2021
- Kelsey Plum Named Kia WNBA Western Conference Player of the Month and Player of the Week - Las Vegas Aces
- Jonquel Jones Receives Kia WNBA Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Miller Earns Back-To-Back WNBA Coach of the Month Awards - Connecticut Sun
- Michaela Onyenwere Named Kia WNBA Rookie of the Month for September - New York Liberty
- Jonquel Jones Receives 2021 WNBA Peak Performer Award - Connecticut Sun
- Natasha Howard Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week - New York Liberty
- 2021 WNBA Peak Performers: Tina Charles, Jonquel Jones and Courtney Vandersloot - WNBA
- Kelsey Mitchell Score 32 Points as Fever Conclude Regular Season at Chicago - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.