Natasha Howard Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
NEW YORK - The WNBA announced today that New York Liberty center Natasha Howard has been named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played from Monday, September 13, through Sunday, September 19. The honor is Howard's fourth of her career, and first since July 22, 2019.
This past week, Howard led New York in scoring, rebounding, and steals with averages of 24.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, and 2.5 steals per game against Connecticut and Washington. In the Liberty's crucial win over the Mystics, Natasha paced the team in scoring with a 24-point, team-high 10-rebound double-double on 84.6% (11-13) shooting from the field; her fourth double-double of the season and third since the Olympic break. Howard also had an 11-point first quarter on a perfect 5-5 shooting from the field.
This is the 43rd time in franchise history and third time this season that a Liberty player has earned Player of the Week honors, along with Sabrina Ionescu (May 24, 2021) and Betnijah Laney (June 1, 2021).
The three-time WNBA Champion finished the regular season with 16.2 points per game, and a team-leading 7.2 boards per game through 13 contests. Natasha will look to continue her stellar play against the Phoenix Mercury in the New York Liberty's first playoff appearance since 2017 on September 23.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 20, 2021
- Kelsey Plum Named Kia WNBA Western Conference Player of the Month and Player of the Week - Las Vegas Aces
- Jonquel Jones Receives Kia WNBA Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Miller Earns Back-To-Back WNBA Coach of the Month Awards - Connecticut Sun
- Michaela Onyenwere Named Kia WNBA Rookie of the Month for September - New York Liberty
- Jonquel Jones Receives 2021 WNBA Peak Performer Award - Connecticut Sun
- Natasha Howard Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week - New York Liberty
- 2021 WNBA Peak Performers: Tina Charles, Jonquel Jones and Courtney Vandersloot - WNBA
- Kelsey Mitchell Score 32 Points as Fever Conclude Regular Season at Chicago - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Michaela Onyenwere Injury Update
- DiDi Richards Named to WNBA's All-Rookie Team
- Liberty's Michaela Onyenwere Named 2021 Kia WNBA Rookie of the Year
- Liberty Forward Michaela Onyenwere Joins Renowned Chef Marcus Samuelsson on New Episode of YES App's Exclusive Home Plate Show
- Brooklyn Nets and New York Liberty Form Global Multi-Year Partnership with Webull