Miller Earns Back-To-Back WNBA Coach of the Month Awards
Uncasville, CT. - Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller was named WNBA Coach of the Month for September, the league announced today. This is Miller's third Coach of the Month recognition during his tenure, including the second in a row for the 2021 season.
Miller kept the momentum from the undefeated month of August (7-0) and carried it over to September where he led the Sun to a 5-0 record. Connecticut concluded the regular season with a franchise best 14-straight wins, including the new league record for consecutive wins to end the season.
The Sun also set new franchise records for fewest losses (6) and best winning percentage (.8125). Additionally, the team's 26 wins tied the organization's record for most wins in a season (set in '05 & '06). Lastly, the Sun posted a franchise-best, and league best, 15-1 record at home.
Connecticut started the month with a three-game road trip to Dallas, Los Angeles and Phoenix before coming home to face New York and Atlanta. Connecticut's defense kept all five opponents under 70 points. The team has managed to do so on 18 different occasions this year.
The No. 1 Connecticut Sun concluded the regular season 26-6 overall and 15-1 at home and on a 14-game win streak. The Sun will prepare for Game 1 and Game 2 of the WNBA Semifinals on Tuesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 30. Both games will be played at Mohegan Sun Arena and tip is set for 8pm ET on ESPN2.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 20, 2021
- Kelsey Plum Named Kia WNBA Western Conference Player of the Month and Player of the Week - Las Vegas Aces
- Jonquel Jones Receives Kia WNBA Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Miller Earns Back-To-Back WNBA Coach of the Month Awards - Connecticut Sun
- Michaela Onyenwere Named Kia WNBA Rookie of the Month for September - New York Liberty
- Jonquel Jones Receives 2021 WNBA Peak Performer Award - Connecticut Sun
- Natasha Howard Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week - New York Liberty
- 2021 WNBA Peak Performers: Tina Charles, Jonquel Jones and Courtney Vandersloot - WNBA
- Kelsey Mitchell Score 32 Points as Fever Conclude Regular Season at Chicago - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Sun Stories
- Connecticut Sun Announces Partnership with Battlecon Basketball
- 2021 WNBA MVP Jonquel Jones Named to All-WNBA First Team
- Connecticut Sun 2021 Year in Review
- Connecticut Sun and Jordan's Furniture Present "Basketball for FreeÃ¢ÂÂ Clinics
- Connecticut Sun Eliminated by Chicago