John Rave's Grand Slam Exterminates GreenJackets
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - Led by a career night by John Rave, the Lexington Legends took game two, 6-1 over the Augusta GreenJackets. Rave went 2-4 at the plate with a grand slam, double and 5 RBI.
The GreenJackets were first to strike in the top of the fourth inning. Francisco Tostado reached on a dropped third strike then moved to third on a single by Shane Mattheny. Jose Layer then hit a hard groundball down the third base side and Nate Eaton could not field it cleanly, allowing Tostado to score.
In the bottom of the same inning, Eaton lined a one-out single to centerfield and Eric Cole reached on a base hit to right field. Reed Rohlman then drove home Eaton with an RBI single to left field and the game was tied, 1-1. Rubendy Jaquez drew a walk to load the bases. John Rave then smashed a grand slam, his first Single A home run, to right field and Lexington led, 5-1.
The Legends plated another run in the bottom of the sixth inning. Rohlman reached on a leadoff single to right field then scored on an RBI double by Rave, extending Lexington's lead 6-1.
Yohanse Morel was awarded the victory tossing 5.0 innings allowing one run (unearned) on three hits while walking two and striking out six. Adam Oller was given the loss pitching 5.2 innings allowing six earned runs on nine hits while walking one and striking out six.
The Legends and GreenJackets face off for game three tomorrow, at 2:05pm. Gates open at 12:30pm and the first 1,000 fans will receive a Blank Panther Bobblehead.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
John Rave of the Lexington Legends
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 27, 2019
- Dawkins' Three-Hit Day Not Enough in Friday Loss - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Walk this Way: Claws Draw 10 in 5-3 Saturday Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- 'Birds Arms Baffle 'Dogs for Clean Sheet - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Road Trip Turnaround Evades RiverDogs - Charleston RiverDogs
- Mauricio Stays Hot on Saturday Night at Segra Park - Columbia Fireflies
- John Rave's Grand Slam Exterminates GreenJackets - Lexington Legends
- Lexington Grand Slam Too Much to Overcome - Augusta GreenJackets
- Suns Bats Pick-Up Rutledge in Shortened Debut - Hagerstown Suns
- Anchia Goes Deep as Comeback Falls Short Saturday - West Virginia Power
- Whatley and Gonzalez Homer in Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Two Hits Match Season Low for Tourists - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: July 27 vs. Hagerstown (Game 102) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Langeliers Flexes as Braves Top Power 5-4 in Extras - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Legends Clinch Back-To-Back South Atlantic League Championships with Late Inning Theatrics
- Hickory Hands Lexington First Playoff Loss
- Legends Headed Back to SAL Championship Series
- Lexington's Emma Tiedemann Named SAL Media Relations Director of the Year
- Lexington Powers Down West Virginia with Doubleheader Sweep