Joel Martin Returns to Jackalopes
ODESSA, TX - Odessa Jackalopes goaltender Joel Martin is returning to the Permian Basin immediately. The American Hockey League's Bridgeport Sound Tigers has assigned Martin back to Odessa. He will join the Jackalopes for the final game of the regular season against Bossier-Shreveport on Saturday.
After spending training camp with the Sound Tigers and the NHL's New York Islanders, Martin began the season with the Jackalopes. The 2010 CHL's Most Outstanding Goaltender appeared in 20 games for the Jacks, going 10-9-0 with a 3.61 GAA and a .888 SV%.
Martin was called up to Bridgeport on January 4th of this year, and eventually found himself with the NHL's New York Islanders for two games. He played in 18 games for the Sound Tigers with a 3.54 GAA and a .880 SV% despite a 2-12-2 record.
The Jackalopes visit the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs tonight, before hosting tomorrow as the two teams play a home-and-home series to close out the regular season. Both games are set for a 7:05 PM CST puck drop.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2011
- 'Bugs Top Jacks to Clinch Second Place - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mavericks Crush Killer Bees, 10-5 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Texas Closes Final Regular Season Home Game in Comeback Victory - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mudbugs Hold on for 3-2 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Suffer Déjà vu' in Loss at Brahmas - Laredo Bucks
- PrairieThunder Get Home Ice Following 4-3 Overtime Win Against Evansville - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Eagles One Win Away From Turner Conference Title - Colorado Eagles
- Missouri Rallies to Beat Killer Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Fall in Home Finale To Allen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans Sail Past Riverkings, 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Oilers Beat Thunder, Wichita Will be Fifth Seed - Wichita Thunder
- Dayton Holds Off Mallards 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Gems capture 3-2 win over Mallards - Dayton Gems
- Joel Martin Returns to Jackalopes - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavericks' Robby Nolan Named CHL's Most Outstanding Goaltender - Kansas City Mavericks
- Robby Nolan Named Most Outstanding Goaltender - CHL
- Sundogs Activate Groenestege, Place Szuper on Injured Reserve - Arizona Sundogs
- Andrew Martens Named CHL Most Outstanding Defenseman - Wichita Thunder
- Andrew Martens Named Most Outstanding Defenseman - CHL
- Playoff Dates Announced - Tulsa Oilers
- Shots from the Point for March 25, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.