Joel Lowry Returns to Manchester
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Joel Lowry has been returned from loan by the Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL).
The Monarchs are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Los Angeles Kings.
Lowry, 26, returns to Manchester after being loaned to Springfield on Mar. 22, where he played in 11 games, posting three goals and two assists for five points. In 33 games for the Monarchs this season, Lowry has scored 17 goals and 22 assists for 39 points.
The 6-foot-1, 181-pound native of Calgary, Alberta, was drafted by the Kings (140th overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and attended Cornell University. During his time at Cornell, Lowry scored 77 points on 29 goals and 48 assists in 111 games, while adding 155 penalty minutes.
Lowry and the Monarchs return to the ice Wednesday, Apr.18 (7:00 p.m.) when they play the Reading Royals in Game 4 of the North Division Semi-Finals.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 18, 2018
- Toledo Pushes Fuel to Brink of Elimination in Game 3 Victory - Indy Fuel
- Royals' Season Ends in Game 4 of North Division Semifinals to Monarchs, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Thunder Take 3-1 Series Lead with 2-1 Win over Worcester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sweep Royals with 3-0 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Railers Have Backs against the Wall After Game 4 Loss - Worcester Railers HC
- Joel Lowry Returns to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Series Shifts to Allen Tonight for Game 3 - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - April 18 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Search for New Head Coach - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines - Game 3, Mountain Division Semifinals - Idaho Steelheads
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, Game 4, April 18 - Manchester Monarchs
- Game 4 - Adirondack (2-1) vs. Worcester (1-2) - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads Weekly Report: April 18 - Idaho Steelheads
- North Division Semifinals Game 4 Preview: Manchester at Reading - Reading Royals
- Everblades Edge Gladiators in Game Two with 3-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Drop Close Battle to Everblades 3-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.