Steelheads Weekly Report: April 18
Boise, ID - The Steelheads look to get back into their series against the Allen Americans this week when the Mountain Division Semifinals move to Allen Event Center. The Americans grabbed control of the first-round series in the U.S. Bank Kelly Cup Playoffs with consecutive wins at CenturyLink Arena, and the Steelheads hope to return the favor with Games 3, 4, and 5 scheduled for this Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday in Texas.
- F Justin Parizek and F Max French both scored their first professional playoff goals in Game 2.
- D Aaron Harstad and D Eric Sweetman are tied for the lead among defensemen in the playoffs with three points.
- G Tomas Sholl has surrendered more than two goals in a game on just three occasions this year, regular season and playoffs combined. Two have come against Allen.
- Game 2 was Sholl's first ECHL regulation loss.
- The Steelheads' losses in Games 1 and 2 were their first consecutive regulation losses since January 26th and 27th vs Colorado
- The Steelheads have won one series in the ECHL era when trailing 2-0. That win was the first-round of the 2004 Kelly Cup Playoffs, when they overcame a 2-0 deficit against Las Vegas in a best-of-five series. Idaho went on to win its first Kelly Cup
- Idaho went 2-1-1 in four visits to Allen Event Center this season.
- The Steelheads killed off all five power plays against, and are 2-for-8 with the man-advantage
- Idaho won one of four games played at Allen Events Center when the teams met in the 2016 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
- "Scott's Slant" - KTVB, 4/18
- F Jefferson Dahl released from professional tryout agreement with AHL Cleveland, returned to Idaho - 4/16
2018 US Bank Kelly Cup Playoff Watch Parties!
The Steelheads will host playoff watch parties for their fans during each of the three road games during this first round series, beginning Wednesday night with Game 3 of the Mountain Division Semifinals. Fans are welcome to watch the game at The Sports Zone at CenturyLink Arena, with doors opening one hour prior to puck-drop. Let's join together and #FeelTheSteel
2018 U.S. Bank Kelly Cup Playoffs
Mountain Division Semifinals vs Allen Americans - Allen leads series 2-0
GAME 1: Allen 3, Steelheads 2 @ CenturyLink Arena
GAME 2: Allen 5, Steelheads 4 @ CenturyLink Arena
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 18, 2018
- Toledo Pushes Fuel to Brink of Elimination in Game 3 Victory - Indy Fuel
- Royals' Season Ends in Game 4 of North Division Semifinals to Monarchs, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Thunder Take 3-1 Series Lead with 2-1 Win over Worcester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sweep Royals with 3-0 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Railers Have Backs against the Wall After Game 4 Loss - Worcester Railers HC
- Joel Lowry Returns to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Series Shifts to Allen Tonight for Game 3 - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - April 18 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Search for New Head Coach - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines - Game 3, Mountain Division Semifinals - Idaho Steelheads
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, Game 4, April 18 - Manchester Monarchs
- Game 4 - Adirondack (2-1) vs. Worcester (1-2) - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads Weekly Report: April 18 - Idaho Steelheads
- North Division Semifinals Game 4 Preview: Manchester at Reading - Reading Royals
- Everblades Edge Gladiators in Game Two with 3-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Drop Close Battle to Everblades 3-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Weekly - January 21, 2020
- Steelheads Pick up Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Grizzlies
- Brady Norrish Added to ECHL All-Star Classic Hardest Shot Competition
- Steelheads Fall 3-1 in Home Weekend Finale Sellout to Oilers
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Returns from Recall to Texas Stars