Jeff Berding Promoted to Co-CEO of Fussball Club Cincinnati
Today Carl Lindner III, controlling owner and CEO of FC Cincinnati Holdings and Fussball Club Cincinnati (Team), announced the promotion of Jeff Berding to Co-CEO of the Team. Mr. Berding joins Mr. Lindner as Co-CEO and will serve as President of FC Cincinnati Holdings, overseeing the entire sporting and development enterprise. Mr. Lindner and Mr. Berding will continue to share organizational control and overall leadership of the Club.
Jeff Berding has served as the President of Fussball Club Cincinnati (Team) since he and Mr. Lindner founded the Club in 2015. Mr. Berding will oversee the enterprise, where priorities include expanding fan engagement, winning the World Cup bid and other major soccer events, growing revenue, attracting events to TQL Stadium, maximizing sports betting commercial opportunities, overseeing development around TQL Stadium, enhancing content production, exploring opportunities for facility expansion, leading consideration of a Women's Team and other potential developments to come in the future.
"Now that we have opened our world-class stadium and begin our move to the next chapter of FC Cincinnati, I felt the time was right to award Jeff Berding a promotion. As co-CEOs, Jeff and I will be better able to handle the expanded areas of enterprise work resulting from the growth of the Club," said Carl H. Lindner, III. "I do not feel the title of Team President for Jeff sufficiently addressed his leadership position, which the FC Cincinnati Holdings President/Team Co-CEO title more accurately provides and better defines his co-executive leadership of the enterprise with me."
Mr. Berding added, "I am grateful to Carl for his continued confidence and blessed to work alongside him leading our enterprise."
Mr. Berding's promotion will open the opportunity for the hiring of a new Team President, a process to be led by Sportsology's Mike Forde.
"The opportunity for a new president is being considered because the growth of the team's enterprise work is substantial. We have a great staff at FCC and I look forward to adding another key executive," said Mr. Berding.
Mr. Lindner stated Mr. Berding was promoted in recognition of:
Serving more than six years as president, creating the Club from the first employees to a franchise in 2022 with more than 150 FTEs and a with a $700 Million valuation.
Having the vision and drive to lead a successful MLS expansion drive and quickest ever entry into the League.
Having the ambition and problem-solving capability to build a world-class stadium.
Helping assemble and lead a top ownership group.
Surviving a global pandemic during a season with little to no revenue.
Inspiring a very competitive World Cup bid.
Attracting and hosting the highly successful US-Mexico match.
Obtaining a newly legal sports betting opportunity.
Managing the process for hiring Chris Albright as our General Manager.
Leading a strategic reset within the MLS team as we begin the next chapter for FCC, to name just a few highlights.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 11, 2022
- Columbus Crew Selects Four Players in MLS SuperDraft 2022 Presented by Adidas - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Selects Pair of Local Products in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Seattle Sounders FC
- CF Montréal Selects Jojea Kwizera and Ivy Brisma at the 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Club de Foot Montreal
- Charlotte FC Uses No. 1 Pick to Select Ben Bender of Univ. of Maryland in MLS SuperDraft '22 - MLS
- LA Galaxy Select Three Players in MLS SuperDraft 2022 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Select Three Players in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pres. by Adidas - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Selects Erik Centeno, Tristan Trager, Daniel Bloyou and Tola Showunmi in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo Selects Three Players in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Houston Dynamo FC
- Toronto FC Select Luka Gavran and Reshaun Walkes in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Toronto FC
- Whitecaps FC Select Five Players in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York City FC Drafts Three Players in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - New York City FC
- Orlando City Selects Forward Jack Lynn in First Round of 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Selects Defender Kipp Keller with Fifth Overall Pick of 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Austin FC
- Nashville SC Selects Two Players in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Select Stanford Forward Ousseni Bouda and Clemson Defender Oskar Agren in First Round of 2022 MLS SuperDraft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Select Four Players in MLS SuperDraft 2022 Presented by Adidas - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Selects Sailor, Meek, Ingram and Bagley in MLS SuperDraft 2022 - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Selects Two Defenders in MLS SuperDraft - Sporting Kansas City
- Rapids Add Three Talents to Roster Following 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Colorado Rapids
- Charlotte FC Drafts Three Players in 2022 MLS SuperDraft, Selecting Ben Bender First Overall - Charlotte FC
- FC Dallas Selects Six Players in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Signs University of Washington Midfielder Dylan Teves - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Make Two Selections in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- MNUFC Select Forward Tani Oluwaseyi in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Select Midfielder Skage Simonsen with the 69th Pick in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Selects Two in 2022 MLS SuperDraft - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC Defender Carlos Terán Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire FC
- D.C. United Select Midfielder Alex Nagy with the 41st Pick in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft - D.C. United
- D.C. United Select Midfielder Sofiane Djeffal with 36th Pick in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft - D.C. United
- D.C. United Acquire 36th Overall Pick in 2022 MLS SuperDraft and $100,000 in 2022 General Allocation Money (GAM) - D.C. United
- Ben Bender Is a Technical Midfielder who Excels in Positive Attacking Play - Charlotte FC
- Expansion Club Charlotte FC Selects Ben Bender with the First Overall Pick in MLS SuperDraft 2022 Presented by adidas - MLS
- Charlotte FC Select Midfielder Ben Bender, Maryland with First Overall Pick in 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pres. by adidas - Charlotte FC
- Return Leg against Santos Laguna at Olympic Stadium Changed to 8pm - Club de Foot Montreal
- Gillette Stadium Will Host Both Legs of Round of 16 Series Between New England Revolution and Cavaly AS - New England Revolution
- New York City FC Announces Home Venue for Upcoming Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Match - New York City FC
- Timbers Sign Forward Tega Ikoba as Homegrown Player - Portland Timbers
- Sporting KC Forward Alan Pulido out for 2022 Season - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Signs Julio Benitez as Club's 29th All-Time Homegrown Player - Real Salt Lake
- Jeff Berding Promoted to Co-CEO of Fussball Club Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Defender Frédéric Brillant Retires from Professional Soccer and Joins Loudoun United FC as Assistant Coach - D.C. United
- MLS SuperDraft 2022 Takes Place Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ryan Shawcross Announces Retirement - Inter Miami CF
- MNUFC Signs New Contract for Defender Brent Kallman - Minnesota United FC
- Toronto FC Sign Luca Petrasso - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Partners with Playfly Sports' Naming Rights Division - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF Signs Goalkeeper Clément Diop - Inter Miami CF
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Seek Fifth-Straight Win, Return Home to Host the New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: MLS NEXT Flex
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Opens Mini Pitch in Price Hill
- FC Cincinnati Win Fourth Game in 15 Days, Defeat Chicago Fire 2-1
- FC Cincinnati Conclude Road Stretch at Chicago Fire FC