James White Named NBA D-League Performer of the Week
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 5, 2009) - Arsenal forward James White was named the NBA D-League Performer of the Week for the week of December 29, 2008. White is the first Anaheim player to earn the honor this season.
White helped the Arsenal to a 1-1 record this in part to his .633 shooting percentage (19-30) which resulted in him averaging 28.0 points. On Saturday, he scored a season-high 31 points in an Arsenal loss to Dakota.
This season, White is leading the Arsenal in points per game (22.4 ppg) and shooting percentage (.568). White ranks third in the league in scoring average.
The Arsenal are currently participating in the NBA D-League Showcase in Orem, Utah. All 16 NBA D-League teams will converge to compete over four days as NBA general managers and scouts check out the NBA D-League's top prospects in action. Anaheim faces off against the Utah Flash on January 6 at 6:15 p.m. PST. All NBA D-League games can be seen online for free via the NBA Futurecast. Check out nba.com/futurecast for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2009
- Bakersfield Holds Off D-Fenders In Game Three Of 2009 Showcase - G League
- Anaheim's James White Named NBA D-League Performer of the Week - G League
- James White Named NBA D-League Performer of the Week - Anaheim Arsenal
- Toros Defeat 14ers At 2009 D-League Showcase - G League
- Thunderbirds Down Skyforce for First Game Win of 2009 - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Idaho's Jermareo Davidson Earns Gatorade Call-Up To Golden State Warriors - G League
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Energy Sign NBA Center - Iowa Wolves
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.